Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sleepy

It is 7:13 on a Sunday morning. I bet you think I'm going to complain about being up at such an earlier hour. In fact, I'm pretty happy Jillian slept in this long. She is notorious for being an early-riser. For a period of about a year she was up at 5:30 every morning...that was brutal. We've done alot of swimming the past 2 days because of the heat. Jillian was asleep by 7 p.m. both Friday and Saturday nights so I thought she'd be up bright and early.
This is a pretty good time of day. The house is nice and cool and so is the air outside. As a result, we can have the windows open to get some air in here. The coffee is on, it's quiet because only Jillian and I are awake, and we don't have to go anywhere for the next few hours.
Having said all that, I'm freakin' tired. I've been suffering from a bout of insomnia for about 4 weeks now. I'm getting to the point that I feel like a walking Zombie. The only caffeine I have is 1 cup of coffee early in the day. I don't like to take sleeping aids because Jillian has been waking up in the night. She's been waking up with her head at the foot of the bed and wrapped up like a mummy. I don't want to leave her like that so I always go in. Eric doesn't always hear her when she wakes up in the night. Besides, chemically induced sleep always makes me feel gross. I don't feel rested when I get up.
I've heard that exercise, at the right time of day, can help with sleep. I might have to break down and try it. I always have good intentions when it comes to exercise but I never seem to keep at it. We'll see. For now, I'm just going to hope like crazy that my insomnia will let me fall asleep this afternoon when Jillian has a nap.

2 comments:

Queen Mel said...

Since JJ has been born sleep has been an issue for you. I totally agree that the waking up in the night is a pain but they can't help it right? I can get to sleep just fine its when I'm woken up then I lie there for the rest of the night......A without having to get up would do you wonders.

Kimmartha said...

do you have any allergies or sinus trouble? Before I had my sinuses operated on last summer, I had a brutal time sleeping. I was always tired, didn't sleep well, etc - mostly because I couldn't breathe right, but I didn't know it at the time. That went on for almost 5 years before the actual problem was discovered and corrected. Maybe you could try taking Claritan or another 24 hour allergy med for a week or so to see if it helps. Just because you aren't sneezing or having a runny nose doesn't mean you aren't suffering from allergies.

K