Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Peas in PEI

Have you heard the news? Have you? Have you? The Black Eyed Peas and the Pussycat Dolls are going to do a concert in PEI on Labour Day weekend. I love the Peas. I deep their CD, Monkey Business, in the car and it's my travelling music. I always pop that CD in when I have to hit the road for work. I probably shouldn't admit this in a public forum but Jillian really likes the song "Humps". Not the best song for a young child to sing. But, hey, the kid knows a good beat when she hears it. Right now her favourite song is "Devil's Party" by INXS. For the record, we've been listening to it for months, before it was on the radio.
So back to the Peas. I really, really, really want to go to this concert. Eric isn't interested at all and told me to go with my friends but I'm feeling a bit guilty. I'll be away that weekend, a weekend in October (Mactaquac crop) and again for work meetings at at yet to be determined time in the fall. Eric rarely goes away by himself. I'd certainly be all for it if he did. It's fun for Jillie and I to be on our own for a weekend. He went away in April and and she and I shopped and had pedicures and manicures at home.
So far, myself, Nicole, and Jeanette are on board for the Peas in PEI 2006 - my own name for this adventure. Shelley and Melanie weren't on board due to other committments :( Nicole is also bringing her daughter. It would be a fun time.
Eric and I share an MP3 player. It's a good thing we have separate playlists. I don't think he'd appreciate all the BEP and Pussycat Dolls music that I'll be putting on there for the next little while getting ready for the concert. I can't wait to hear what other bands will be in the line up. The concert starts at 1 pm so you know there will be more bands. I should probably start saving for my own MP3 player. I might use up all the space just getting my concert songs ready.

1 comment:

Queen Mel said...

I so very MUCH want to go but Dangit, if it were any other weekend. I can't let my baby down, if she were older, she'd be coming with me too!