Monday, July 24, 2006

Road Trip - My Turn

No, I didn't get to go on the girls road trip to Presque Isle yesterday. Believe me, it wasn't because I didn't want to. Instead Eric, Jillie and I were off to Shediac on Satuday for 4 more days of fun in the sun at the beach. We actually went to Caissie Cape this time, which is a about 15 mins past Shediac. This makes it a 2 hour 15 minute drive.
We arrive at the cottage all set for the beach. We get our bathing suits on, grab our sand toys and a few *beverages* and were off. We had a great few hours at the beach and couldn't wait to do it all again the next day. As luck would have it, I was still awake at 2:30 Sunday morning due to various people snoring and it was raining HARD. It continued to rain well into Sunday morning. We listened to the weather and the forecast was gross for the next few days. We decided to pack up and go home and save our vacation days for another time. Holy crap I'm tired of the F'ton/Shediac drive. Eric and my parents thought it was a great idea if we just drive back down on Thursday and stay until Saturday. Ummmm.....shoot me now cause I'm just not up for that. I've convinced Eric not to go but instead to take a full week sometime in August. We'll take a day trip or two and do some stuff around here.
I decided to stay home today and tackle dining room. I've taken down the chair rail, removed the top layer of wall paper and now I'm working on the bottom paper layer. I took a break because my hands are looking rather prunish. I'd forgotten how unpleansant wall paper removal can be. It's tricky stuff. The first row came off like buttah. I'm thinking I'll be done in an hour. HA! It was just a tease to get me hooked. Hopefully I'll have it done today. Regardless, I'll be back at work tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.