Friday, July 28, 2006

The Blue Door

The Blue Door is an older restaurant that is my new favourite. I've been there before but I re-discovered it this week. The food is so good. I get tired of having the same old pub food at every restaurant. I like to try different food and, in fact, trying new food in my favourite thing about travelling. I make a point of trying to order something different every time I go to a restaurant.
I've been to The Blue Door twice this week. I was craving it Wednesday so I convinced Melanie to go. I had an Asian Lamb Quasedilla. It was ground lamb meat with souvlaki style spices, with julienned veggies and a Kafir lime taziki sauce with large chunks of tomato, onion, and cucumber. As a side dish, I opted for the thin cut sweet potato french fries with a chipotle dipping sauce. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. It was absolutely divine.
Today my friend, Amy, wanted to go for lunch. She suggested The Blue Door and who was I to say no? Today I had the Veggie Quasedilla. It was 2 spinach tortilla filled with black beans, refried beans, guacamole and julienne veggies, covered with a lime and cilantro cream saunce and chunky salsa. Of course I got the thin cut sweet potato fries with chipotle dipping sauce again. Once again, it was absolutely delicious.
We got back from lunch at 1 pm and I'm still sitting in my chair uncomfortably full. I'd unbutton my pants but people keep coming in my office. For awhile there my full stomach was straining so hard against my shirt that I was afraid a button might pop off and take out someone's eye.

I'm thinking I might just skip supper. Lunch is a hard act to follow anyway.

1 comment:

Queen Mel said...

You know, when my brother comes home in September I may take him there, he would love it.

I also want to try La Brito Loc (sp?)