Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Hypocrite

Yup, that's me. I have just proven myself to be a hypocrite. If you've ever worked with me, you've not doubt heard my complaints about nasty staff washrooms. Why can't grown adults clean up after themselves and keep the place clean? Would it kill them to put their paper towel IN the garbage can?! I say this on a regular basis yet what did I do 5 minutes ago? I walked away even though I saw that my paper towel landed onthe floor and not in the garbage can.
What is worse, is that I saw it, then had a complete conversation about it in my head as I walked back to my desk. I went like this:
* My paper towel just landed on the floor and I saw and I'm walking away from it without picking it up
* I'm recongizing that I'm walking way from it yet I'm still going.
* I should really go back but I know I'm not going to do it
* Seriously, I'm talking about this to my self but I still keep walking
* I complain about this all the time and I'm still walking
* I'm feeling a bit guilty
* Crap, there is the maintenance man (he had his cart on his way to clean the washrooms)
* He's going to have to pick that up...I'm a *itch and should go back
*Well I'm almost to my office, I'm not turning around now because then he'll know it's me
* I'm a bad, bad person...he doesn't deserve to have to clean up after me

At first glance it seems like a long conversation to having walking from the washroom to my desk but I speak fast. When I got here I decided to blog about my evil deeds.

So there you have it.

3 comments:

Queen Mel said...

I'll admit I've walked out of "nasty" bathrooms and threw it on the floor cuz the garbage was full or I was going to puke from the stench but in a work washroom I'm too scared someone would catch me and if I met someone coming in I would turn so red.

Your a bad, bad girl Princess Spy!

And I agree, you do have conversations that fast with yourself and yes probably weirder than that!

b.c. Gurl said...

shame on you! ;) ok...so I have the same pet peeve..can't stand nasty bathrooms - but I've been guilty of walking away too...so dont feel too guilty...just don't do it again!!

NickyT said...

LOL - I could so see you having that conversation with yourself. I would of loved to of seen your facial expressions while you were having that conversation~

I totally agree adults make me want to puke - I can't believe they leave a bathroom so wrenched