Saturday, July 08, 2006

Vacation 2006 - Day 1

Today was our first full day of vacation and it was full one. It was so flippin' hot today that Jillian and I were at the wading pool by 10 am. We scooped bugs out of the pool for 30 mins before she got bored of that. OMG get this! We're in the pool and some mofo that lives in a house that backs on to the park stroll over the the slide with his ugly white half-rat dog. He lets the dog crap next to the slide and then they go home. He didn't even clean up the mess. Who in their right mind takes their dog to shit in playground?!?! Mofo....I'm calling the city Monday morning.
Anyway, we went home for lunch and a nap. While Jillian was napping did a bikini wax myself. You know that hilarious joke about the lady who does her own bikini was that you all sent me? It was nothing like that. Nothing slammed shut, there was no blinding pain, I didn't have to immerse myself in scalding water, and I didn't have to scrap my jewels with anything. So there. I will say that if any wax gets left behind it can be a sticky situation. Hee hee hee...
Alright, so after nap we get our swimming gear together and head to my parents pool for swimming and a BBQ. I dropped the family off and went for my underarm waxing appt - I know I'm a total sucker for punishment but at least I'm hairless. Back to my parents pool for some swimming. We finally left there around 6:30. Unfortunately that's when my sister and her family arrived. We didn't get to hang out with them because we just had so much packing to do at home.
So here is the "best" part of my day. Eric complained yesterday that his ear really hurt. When I got up this morning, he told me the pain was unbearable. Great. So off he goes to the ER. He decides not to stay (typical man). Anway, to make a long story short he has a huge clump of wax in his ear. He decides to try *candling* to fix it based on advise from his HAIRDRESSER...WTF?!?! He goes to a health food store and gets a kit, brings it home and asks me to do this for him.
This kit consist of 2 long tubular (the candles) things that you stick in your ears and light on fire. The premise is that you make a seal and the burning of the candle draws the wax up. It was gross. You should have see the crap that came out. In the process of doing this, I manage to burn a hole in Eric's shirt and my parents armchair. Oye. My dad came in too see what was wrong because I'm saying "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god". I tell him what I did and he says don't sweat it. Uh huh....who are you and where is my father. Next my mom comes in to see how were making out. I tell her about the chair and she says "No big deal, I usually throw a blanket over that arm anyway". I'm confused...all is not right with the world.
So Eric is currently at the Oromocto ER being seen. He went back to the DECH but it was an 8 hour wait to be seen. We're leaving town at 9 am tomorrow so he felt he needed to have it looked at. Hopefully he'll be home soon.
I spent all evening packing for Shediac. I'm sooo tired but it was a good day if you don't consider the smoldering chair.

1 comment:

NickyT said...

Have fun at Shediac!!!

See You when you get home!!!

Hope, Eric is Okay!!!