Friday, March 16, 2007

Week in Review

I've been walking at the AUC most lunch hours for quite some time. I have to admit that I fell of the wagon in the last few weeks but decided to get back at it. The truth is, even though we walk quickly, the walking wasn't getting my heart rate much any more. So, I decided to change this up a bit.

Tuesday, I decided to go jogging on the walking trail behind my house. Not a well thought out plan. I got out there and started walking only to realize that walking was quite a feat in itself. It was rather warm out and the snow was melting and mushy. My feet sank in the snow making it difficult to walk but I trudge on.
Once I got past the houses where people knew me, I decided to try that jogging thing I mentioned earlier. This is a good time to mention that up until Tuesday, I held steadfast to the motto that I don't run unless being chased by a dangerous person/animal. After jogging past four houses, I was out of breath and my chest was pounding. That lasted long. I trudged along and, really, the snow was challenging enough and certainly got my heart rate up. Boy, did my legs hurt the next day.

JJ loves to talk about the weather and the seasons. Fog is her favourite weather phenomenon so she was a happy girl yesterday. She asked me where fog comes from. I explained and used the word condensation somewhere in there. She tried to say condensation and kept coming out with condom. We were on our way to daycare where they talk about the weather at circle time. I think you can see where this goes. Oye.

I went to the new Walmart today. You know you live in a small town when that is news. Anyway, I caved and bought JJ a Baby Bratz doll. She is fully clothed. I'm only admitting this because Jenn H caught me in the act. DOH, caught red-handed!

6 comments:

b.c. Gurl said...

you know...they teach people who to jog/run here! not joking -- it's at all the fitness centres - they may do it home too - but I never heard of it -- one of my new friends here is a 'jogging instructor'!! to weird -- anyway - that's how they start out - walk for 5 minutes, jog for 1..you slowly work your way up to more jogging than walking until you are actually jogging, then the running starts -- not for me -- I'm that girl who would like to be a runner, but really just will never be!
too funny -- I can see where condoms could come into talk about the weather! lol

Queen Mel said...

YOU did it too!!!! LOL that is way too funny....did you get Catia? or the other chick? funny........you know what they say? Misery loves company......

Anonymous said...

Awe don't feel too bad Princess, remember how we talked about things coming full circle...I am sure that someday you will catch me in the act of purchasing something for H that I won't be too proud of....lol

awareness said...

I thankfully missed the Bratz thing, but I had always believed my home would be a Barbie free zone...

Oh, that lasted like 10 seconds. Martha was born pink......she loved dolls and pink frilly things and pink aisle ways in the Walmart.....I couldn't have paid her to play with lego or hot wheels or anything not pink.

Barbie.......many ended up under the Christmas tree, hidden by the Easter bunny and wrapped with love for her birthday.

They are now tucked away.....some without hair......for her kids as she states.

In between her playing with them and us packing them away, there was a summer when her little bro found duct tape and fell in love with it. Whenever no one was looking.....he wrapped and wrapped Barbie and friends in duct tape and would hang them from various spots in the house including under his bed from the springs. It totally freaked Martha out.......

For months she demanded that I arrange for Max to see a therapist!! No shit!! My 9 year old wanted me to send my 5 year old (at the time) to counselling.

Like a good mom.........I went into denial.......and prayed the "phase" would pass..........

it did.

your post made me think of this....good luck with the Bratz AND the jogging !!

NickyT said...

I would love to start getting more active. Now that the nicer weather is upon and it is not as dark as early...we try to go for a walk after supper. Tonight, might be a good night to start again. Did you try jogging again? I heard of the program Neeta is talking about I'm sure you could find it online.

Bratz, do look skanky BUT to me Barbie isn't the best doll to look up to either as far as looks - most kids would end up bulimic. As long as JJ knows fishet stockings and belly tops are not something she can wear all should be good :)

♥SillySnowboarder♥ said...

Thats a pretty cool blog you got going on there! Peace.