Sunday, March 11, 2007

Confessions of a Paper-a-holic

I have a problem with buying patterned paper. Really. I have huge amounts of patterned paper. There a few layers to this problem.

First - I am a sucker. If Nic emails and says she is having a sale, I could take it or leave it. But if she emails and says she has new patterned paper in stock and it's flying off the shelves....WATCH OUT!! I swear my heart races and I have a one track mind until I get to the promised land. It's pretty pathetic.

Second - my disease involves the inability to leave any soldier behind. If there is only one sheet left on the shelf you can pretty much guarantee I'll buy it. My thought here is that "It's the last one and I might decide later that it's a must have." Nic, this does not mean you should tear around taking all but one sheet off the shelves if you know I'm coming into the store. Geesh ;)

Third - I cannot, cannot physically, mentally, or emotionlly only buy one sheet of each pattern paper. I have the fear that if I only buy one sheet I'll be working on a layout and not have enough. I've tried only buying one but I always go back for #2. The thing is, I often only use one sheet so I always have one left over.

Where does this leave me? With a large stack of pattern paper I will never use. And I *know* I'm not the only one. So I have an idea. I haven't thought it out very well yet so I'm open to suggestions here.

A paper swap of sorts - Dig out all your whole sheets of pattern paper that you won't use anymore. I'll have you all over to my house for an evening and we can swap paper. Now, this would be a perfect opportunity for someone who is trying to build up their stash but they might not have anything to trade. So, instead of trading one sheet for one sheet, I propose we sell them to each other for $0.25 (geez, does anyone know where the "cent" symbol is!?!?).

So if you have lots of paper you aren't using or if you would like to build up your stash, email me if you want to take part at orange_pumpkin2002@yahoo.com Again, I'm open to suggestions if you have an idea on how to make this work better. Oh, Tay Creek tequila will not be served.

10 comments:

NickyT said...

I hear you on the 3rd point - I usually only use 1 sheet unless I majorly mess up....BUT.....if I bring 1 of something home that is the TIME I NEED the 2nd sheet!

I'm game on the paper swap - now just to make it known Tina and Mel already went through my stash when they were over teehee.

OMG - Tay Creek Tequila - I couldn't help but after my 1st sip go HOOOOLLLLLLYYYYY! Don't get me wrong I will go for a double or even 2 fist a good drink - but man that was H-A-R-D stuff!

If we can't get together before April we could do this on Friday night at the hotel?

NickyT said...

Or it could the perfect thing to do at the potluck everybody is itching for ;)

Queen Mel said...

Yee Haw! Count me in.....can I bring Alabama Slammers then? Gosh you guys - Even you Nick, I'm so disappointed in you....gosh girl...

Tina & I did NOT even touch the surface of YOUR PP my dear, I only skimmed it, I would have loved to touch each peice, course my daughter tried....LOL

Dee said...

Count me in girls - I don't have a huge stash so I will be most probably be buying but I am up for a potluck. Name the time and place girls :)

Love the new look Princess!

Anonymous said...

Hey Princess,
No TC Tequilla??? Count me in...lol. I don't have alot of stash so I will probably have to buy.
P.S. I can't believe theres no cents sign...WTH???

b.c. Gurl said...

my name is Anita..and I'm addicted to paper -- holds head high and proud!! lol Though I've been doing well at restraining myself -- have fun at you alabama slammin paper swappin/sellin potluck - sounds like lots of fun :)

Queen Mel said...

thats some title Anita....I like it!

Anonymous said...

I'm in!!! And I even have a pretty good start on my pile that's ready and waiting. I went through part of my stash of PP last week trying clean! Oh and Nicole we didn't even put a dent in your stash!!!
And Mel, I love Alabama Slammers, haven't had them in ages!

Sunny said...

I am up for it. I do not have alot so I'd be interested in building up my stash too. Love Tay Creek tequilla!!!!! Darn that was some strong stuff...came home with those hairs on my chest my father's always been warning me about.
Had fun Friday in the Middle of Nowhere Creek and looking forward to the next one.

Unknown said...

Ask & ye shall receive: alt + 411 = ¢

now that you have it you'll probably never need it again!

Kelly & co