Wednesday, March 07, 2007

New Friends

Dontcha just love making new friends? I know I sure do. I can make new friends just about anywhere I go. Did you hear that big thud? That was Melanie hitting the floor as she goes into convulsions. She knows where this story is going and it just might kill her.

Melanie and I went to Kent's today a lunch time and I made a new friend. His name is Ryan. I was looking at a display of shelves that caught my eye. I decided I wanted to buy some of said shelves but I couldn't find them on the display shelf. Lo and behold Ryan, who works at Kent, walk down the aisle toward me. I flag him down and ask him about the shelves. He and I look for the shelves and I eventually find them myself and we have a the following conversation.
I look and the price and I say "These are $29.99?"
He answers "Looks like it. But I think they might be on clearance."
I say "Really? Or are you just trying to make a friend today. Because it would work." Insert my patented, trademarked Princess Super Secret Weapon 1000 watt smile.
Ryan says "How does $10 sound?"
I flash the smile again and say "Sure!"
He then takes his very sophisticated pricing tool (a Sharpie) and changes the price on the box to $10. Then he says "If you have any problems just tell them to call Ryan in paint."
I say "Great, thanks Ryan!"

Now I turn around to leave and what do I see? Melanie standing there staring at us, not saying a work, lips pressed together very tightly and eyes bugging out of her head. I walk past her and she follows. After we walk a few steps I lean back and queitly say "You loved it." Hee hee hee...she didn't love it. She says "I can't believe you! *curse word, curse word *, next time I'm going to say Give it to her, you always do. Just *curse word* give it to her!"

What is the lesson here today? 1) All you have to do is ask 2) next time you go to Kent take a friggin' Sharpie!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

screw the sharpie, I am just sending you shopping for me...lol

Queen Mel said...

What could I do, I wanted to say...you like her huh? You want her huh? and you haven't even seen under the coat.....OMG for land sakes, there is NOBODY on this earth that gets things for almost free in this world....I totally rolled my eyes and then told Princess that I'm lucky they didn't stick to the back of my head I rolled them so hard - GAWD! I hate her!

Kimmartha said...

Hmmm, Ryan...wasn't that the name of your "new friend" at your birthday party?....haha!

Anonymous said...

Rrrrrr! I too am with Mel on this one. I have an idea! Why don't you try using your Princess Powers for the good of your friends next time? That way we won't all want to beat you up! ;D

Anonymous said...

LMAO, what a deal!! From $29.99 down to $10, you must have special powers!!! We all want to be like you!! How many did you get??

b.c. Gurl said...

LOL -- definitely only you!! and Mel..I can just see the eyes rolling in your head and that WTF look on your face!! hee hee

"The real" MarthaSue said...

HAHAHA~!! that is too funny!!