Friday, March 30, 2007

Dance

Tuesday night was a big night at dance class. JJ got her costume. I'm not sure who was more excited...me or her. Okay, I admit, I do know...it was me!

The costume was in a bag and when I first saw it I was unsure. But once it was out of the bag it was adorable. I'm not posting a pic of it until she puts it on for class photos. But I'll try to describe it. It's a white short-sleeve body suit with a 3 tier tutu. The tulle on the tutu has wide pink satin edges and there is a dainty little flower bundle at the waist. It is so freaking cute!!!! They have a head decoration too and I'm not sure how I'll do her hair to make it all come together. But I do know that ringlets and hairspray are totally in the plan. Thinking about it makes me giggle.

I went to dance in junior high and high school. But I was NOT good at it. I don't have any coordination but I had fun. I've been planning on putting JJ in dance from the moment they told me my baby was a girl. I absolutely C-A-N-N-O-T wait to see her all dressed up on the stage at the show. I MUST be in the first or second row to get great pics. I MUST.

Tickets go on sale at the beginning of May. I need to decide what time to get in line. I talk to one of the other moms at dance and maybe I'll see if she wants to wait in line with me. We can take turns or something. Besides, I don't want to be out in the dark alone downtown.

Incase anyone goes to the show, I want to warn you in advance that I will be one of those crazy mothers. It would be a good idea to start practicing that you don't know me. I will be the crazy woman in the front row yelling "That's my baby!! My baby! You go baby girl! You're the best dancer ever! The others suck and you rock, Baby Girl! Shake what your Mama gave you!! Work it! Lady, get the *curse word* out of my way, you're blocking my shot!" I think you'll be able to pick me out.

7 comments:

Queen Mel said...

oh you mean like me at the Christmas concert this year? yeah, I know where your comin' from....hee, hee

I cannot wait to see the pics of that.....they will be awesome!

NickyT said...

From my years of being the crazy Mom. There was always a sign up sheet that *held* your spot in line. Now, lets say I was number 4 to arrive I would go up to the door and sign my name and go sit in my car for a couple hours till the crowd started up. Because, this sheet is started up by the parents not the playhouse so it is on the honour system only. Now once the doors open is when you have to be there to literally hold your spot as it gets pretty crowded and people will try to butt in front of you. there is a limit on tickets but i've seen me number 10 in line and not get a front or second row seat...as they are sold first. try to get in a aisle seat as well better for getting those pictures.

b.c. Gurl said...

too cute :) she'll be adorable (of course) and I can so see you being that mother! whatever it takes to get the shot! and save the memory!

Sunny said...

What show is JJ in? Heather is in the Sapphire show. If they are in the same show I'll go with you and we'll kick all the other parents out of the way and get there first.
I remember my baby's first dance outfit...it was a pink tutu that stood straight out around her waist with a pink velour body suit with feathers on the neckline and the sweetest little head piece. She was so sweet. Every year I love the costumes more and more and she is looking more like a big girl each time. Kinda makes me a little sad.

The Original Princess said...

Damn! JJ is in Platinum.

Anonymous said...

Well Princess, you know that I don't do anything during the day so if you need to take a potty break, just give me a call and I will hold your spot in line...hehe

awareness said...

Is JJ a Bonnie Kilburn dancer this year?? This is my FIRST year in 8 years when I won't be standing in line. Martha loved dance, but decided to try theatre this year. And since I am not one of those crazy dance moms........I save it for the sidelines and the baseball diamonds, I am ever so grateful thta I won't be standing in line.

Next time I see you, I will tell you about my own experience at dance class when I was a kid. It'll crack you up.