Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Princess in Disguise


Looky, looky what I did tonight. I got my hair cut and I, finally, let the stylist straighten it. I always resist having my hair straightened. It's just not me. Besides, childishly, it annoys me that everyone seems to want to try to tame the wild beast that is my hair.
Isn't it odd looking?? Mr Princess said he likes it better curly. JJ couldn't/wouldn't stop touching it.
JJ is so gung ho to go to Avalon Spa to get her hair done. Every time we drive past she says "Mommy, can I go to Avalon Spa to have my hair cut?" So I made her an appointment. It's going to be a long wait until April 11.
I saw my Ma Tante Paula at the salon tonight. She was there for an aesthetic appointment so she was done long before me. When I went to pay, the girl at the desk says "Sarah? " When I answer yes, she says " Paula already paid for half of your hair." I was so surprised. I said "Really?" and I must have looked pretty shocked because she ask if Paula was my aunt and she looked worried that she'd made a mistake. Wasn't that sweet?
When I called her to say thank you, she said she did it to perform a random act of kindess. She said it was inspired by JJ. Yay! That's one more person out there doing nice things. I dare someone to pay for coffee or whatever for the person behind them in line tomorrow. I double dog dare ya!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...while the do is nice, it's just not "Princess". The curly is more you.

Ok, you are going armed with your camera for JJ's hair appointment, I hope! That will be priceless.

NickyT said...

I really like the choppy bangs! IT looks hot! You going to leave it for tomorrow?

Okay, deal - if there is a car behind me I'll pay for their coffee while going through the drive thru.

Queen Mel said...

I'll do it too!!

I like your hair curly like you do it everyday its soft and curly and is you.....also that takes too long and Mr. P wouldn't want to be late for work!

Anonymous said...

That's the first time I saw you with straight hair! I like it! Which do you prefer? Regan goes to Stacy at Avalon and she loves it! She lets her pick out hairclips and sometimes even does her fingernails! I know I'm setting myself up....

b.c. Gurl said...

wow! I don't know if I would recognize you!! I'd have to do a double take for sure! I'll admit, I like the curls :)
There was a time (when I was working full-time everyday) that I would pay for coffee for someone at least every 2 days - or more! whether I surprised the girls at work, the person in line behind me in the drive thru - it was fun :) A guy paid for mine a few times -- he would always look back, smile and wink -- used to love that!
If I did that here people would be SHOCKED - which would make it even more fun :)

Dee said...

I really like it! The curls are more "princessy" but this is cute.