Thursday, March 15, 2007

Interesting Request

I had an interesting blog request today. Because it came from one of my very favourite people I will honour this request. Here is the comment they sent me:

You should blog about people who request read receipts all the time and how annoying others think that is :)

It refers to me having read receipts on my email. Meaning, if I send you an email, a little message pops up asking you to confirm that you got it. Until this morning, I didn't realize you all got that little pop up. I thought the read receipt was generated automatically.

So, umm, I guess my read receipts annoy people. Nothing like a subtle hint, huh? I apologize and I have removed it. It still cracks me up to read the email. Again, the comment was just so smooth. How could I not comply?

I bet there are a few people who wish this comment had been made sooner. I can't reveal the person who made the blog request. It's a secret...I can't point out my favourites, right? Feelings might get hurt ;)

For the record, you cannot start sending me little emails asking me to blog about things I do that annoy you. The list, I'm sure, is plentiful but you are just going to have to put on your big girl panties and deal. Kisses All!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I never get any read receipts when you e-mail. Maybe it's a work thing?

Queen Mel said...

LOL ok here's the funny thing...

(1)I ALWAYS use Read Receipt until my current job, that woudl just be too crazy to keep track of with my 2 In-Boxes in one....nope not gonna

(2)For interanl people it is automatically generated for "outsiders" they have to chose yes or no to notify you they've read it.

(3) I bet I can guess who....LOL

The Original Princess said...

Mel - it was internal. I thought the same thing but I was wrong.