Monday, March 12, 2007

I Love Coffee

I love coffee. Really, I do. It's not the caffeine that I love, it's the taste. I've loved it since I was a small child. My parents wouldn't let me drink it, of course, but I'd steal a taste every chance I got. I also ate coffee flavoured food as much as possible. Coffee yogurt, ice cream, Coffee Crisp, whatever the form I'd eat it.

The other day I was at Bulk Barn and I spotted a bin of chocolate covered coffee beans. So, I helped myself to a nice big bag to take back to work to leave in my desk. I nibbled on them last week and then forgot about them. However, I re-discovered them this afternoon around 2 pm. What a treat. Believe me when I say this is dripping with sarcasm.

I grabbed a handful from the bag and had great little snack. They were delicious. At this point, I know you're thinking "She ate a handful?" Yup, I ate a handful. I felt great for awhile. Then came the crash after the high.

Holy hell it was rough. I heart was racing, my head hurt, and I'm sure my eyes looked like flying saucers. Mel emailed and I told her what I was experiencing. She said I should only eat a few coffee beans at a time. Too late. Besides, I knew I should only eat a few. But I'm crazy like that. You know?

I take my camera with me everywhere. Execpt today. I'm sure the way I looked at 3:30 would have provided hours of entertainment. I felt like shit and I'm sure it showed.

What is the moral of my story? I don't know. Maybe it'll come to me tomorrow after more coffee beans. I can't let those little buggers get the best of me!

3 comments:

NickyT said...

I feel for you been there! Not with Coffee Beans but; with Espressos! I did 6 shots one after another and HOLY let me tell you it was NOT FUN!!!!!

Queen Mel said...

Good Lord you fools, why is it go big or stay home, start small work your way into it, but I guess now you know.......the rest of that story....LOL

awareness said...

You are Sarahdipity and not Sarahsensibility!!

What a nutty person you are.....having said that, the next time you pop a few beans, please drop by and let me see you bounce off the walls.......zippity doooo!