Friday, March 23, 2007

Preparing for a Flood

It is so gorgeous outside today. I always find it difficult to haul my ass back inside on the first nice day of spring. I really hate the cold weather and any little break in cold makes me hopeful.

Of course, with warm weather comes rain and melting snow. Living along the beautiful St. John river, we Frederictonians are always prepared for flood season. I'm proud to say that I'm the most prepared of all. You should see my damn high water pants. Not pretty. I bought jeans shortly after Christmas and they're freakin' horrible. They were marked a 32 length but there is no way. They make me very self-conscious. I'm always tugging at my pants to make them longer. The trouble is, if I tug down so they're long enough then half of my tushie is waving hello to the world. And who, tell me who, wants to face that image?!?!?!

Before you go to therapy to relieve you of that mental image, I want to tell you that I bought new jeans at lunch. Isn't that a relief for all you Lovelies seeing me tomorrow night?? They reach all the way to the floor AND they cover my rump.

Ahhhh...a nice spring day and non-high water pants. What more could a Princess ask for? Money, that's what!

T & J thanks for the Charlie info. Oh and J? When I talk about comments on my blog, people usually use the comment section rather than leave me voicemail messages every day. Hee hee hee...just some playful teasing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I can say thank you on behalf of all the "Lovelies". Hehe

Queen Mel said...

LOL - thanks J

NickyT said...

Glad you got new jeans......thanks for that lol.

but ummmm what about charlie and voice mails. all of sudden i am not feeling the love and have no clue what you guys are talking about.

Anonymous said...

Okay,Okay...you know SJ that I don't do well with change. If you only knew how long it took me to start leaving voice mail instead of hanging up. T&I do enjoy your blogging! I will remain anonymous until I can think of a great code name.

"The real" MarthaSue said...

hahaha funny you should happen to blog this...i too am ready for a flood - new blue pants worn today about an inch too short!- HOWEVER i am in Vancouver so they are quite useful.... and i'm going to keep em until the god damned rain stops!!!
Have a good one!