Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Lucky??

You know what I don't like? Email chain letters. They bug the daylights out of me. All of them except the really funny ones. Inspirational, feel good, help the one-legged child in India who lost his baby sister and his dog ran away, his girlfriend left, someone stole his bike and then his ice cream cone...the whole shooting match.

Many of the emails threaten horrible things if you don't send them in the next 10 nanoseconds. Let me tell you I've deleted enough of these things without forwarding them that if this were true I'd be broke, friendless, divorced, bald, and probably dead.

The flip side of this email phenomenon is the type that promises fame, fortune, and Bill Gates as your best friend if you forward this email to every other human on the planet just as fast as you possibly can. What??? You're not rich and Bill didn't call??? You're kidding me?!?! I thought for sure it was real this time. Oye, my eyes hurt from all the eye rolling.

Let me let you in on a little secret...SHHHH...don't tell anyone or you will have bad luck for the next gazillion years and your nose will fall off...the emails promising money or product are hoaxes. Bill Gates has better things to do than track your email usage and then send you money.

Today, I received one of these little lovelies promising me different good things depending on how many people I forward the message to. I think it had something to do with the luck of the Irish. Hot dog! This has inspired me! I'm part Irish and I'm generally pretty lucky. Here is how is works. Sometime between now and St Patty's day, send me money for good luck. The more you send the luckier you will be. Now, turn around, touch your toes, wiggle your ears, blink 6 times, slap your ass, and shout "Boogedy, boogedy!" and the stars and the universe will be yours.

6 comments:

Queen Mel said...

Where do I send the money to?

Kimmartha said...

Me Me! Let me in on this!!! haha!

Anonymous said...

do you accept cheques?

NickyT said...

Is all this money being put in a bank account over seas?

The Original Princess said...

Wow, you guys will buy anything. And you did understand that you're supposed to slap your own ass, right?

"The real" MarthaSue said...

but are they HO-axes? or hoaxes? lol