Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Bunnies, Bunnies....Everywhere!!



Today was the Hop-a-Thon at JJ's daycare. The kids all go outside, with bunny ears and painted faces, and hop for 2 minutes. The children/parents are asked to get sponsors in the week leading up to the event to raise money for Muscular Dystrophy. I love it!!

This type of thing is one of the reasons I like our daycare so much. I love that the children are learning to help others.

Before they started hopping, one of the teachers asked the children why they were hopping. The kids responded "For kids who can't hop!" The teacher then went on to explain that the money they raised will help purchase equipment etc for kids with muscular dystrophy. The kids are having fun and it fosters their awareness of the world around them. It also teaches them about making a difference in their community.

JJ has been excited about the Hop-a-thon all week. I love that when she talks about the event, she also talks about helping other people. She may not understand exactly what "kids who can't hop" means but she knows she is doing something to help another human being.

If you're looking for JJ in the photo, you can stop looking. She's in playhouse at the back of the yard.

7 comments:

Queen Mel said...

Ah but my kiddo made the front, the one in the red jacket....LOL

Thanks for taking pics Princess, I love them. Get this folks, I couldn't make it because work is crazy so Princess called me up so I could say hi to Bailey....but boo hoo I hate to miss anything that she does.......but we have pics......thanks

gypsybug said...

I have a confession. I am a skim-reader. I totally didn't read the part on your blog that said JJ was in the playhouse....I was looking and looking figuring you would take a picture with her in it!

NickyT said...

Nice, Nice, Gesture.

Today's funnies in your post - you posting a pic of kids; that yours is not in.
Then reading A's comment!

awareness said...

I felt like hopping while reading.

What a great idea......learning empathy early is KEY to world peace and domination, don't you think?

The Original Princess said...

Actually, I just enlarged the photo and you can see her. She is the bunny in front of the pine tree next to the house. You can only see the back of her blonde head.

gypsybug said...

Jon thought he saw you this am on CAnada AM. they were doing a bit on the daycare and all the little bunnies. I didn't even tell him about the bunnies, he just said "Hey, isn't that your scrapbook friend, Sarah?" I missed it, but it must have been you.

b.c. Gurl said...

Oh what a great idea!! they are so stinkin cute!