Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Okay first thing is an explanation. D - a cricut is an superduper scrapbooking tool. It looks like a printer and you feed paper into but instead of just printing on the paper it cuts out shapes adn letters for you. It may not sound like much but in real life even our hubbies are impressed by the machine.

I'm sitting here in my bedroom thinking about the past year and all it has held for me. I'm really sitting in here because Mr P and JJ and eating chips. I really can't stand to listen to other people eat chips. Psychotic but true...I accept it.
I guess when I think back at the last year I notice that everything seems to revlove around the week I spent in the hospital. Oddly, I used that week to determine timelines, when events took place and stuff like that. I was only in there for a week and it's not like my life has been altered since but I've never had closure. My stomach still gives me alot of trouble and I don't think I can get passed the fact that they don't know what is wrong with me. I'm thankful they ruled out cancer, colitis and crohns disease. That leads me to think of some close friends who have had loved one be close to death this year. Luckily, they pulled through but none of them seem to be 100% yet. Hopefully, this year will bring them better health.
This past year had brought me stronger friendships. People who were perhaps acquaintances in the past are now close, cherished friends. They've enabled me to weed some people out of my life who just weren't healthy. Au revoir Homer!! You sometimes you find really good friends that you never expected and other friends who just aren't what you thought. My theory is that you should just jump on for the ride and take it for what it is. Otherwise, you may miss out on something really good. I guess that's my theory for life in general and a good part of the reason many of you consider me your guinea pig for everything.
My ups have definitely outweighed my downs this year. Most of my downs seem to have been indirect. Meaning it's been difficult to watch family members or close friends go through rough times. But they are all tough cookies and have or will make it through.
My most fond memories this year took place in Shediac. We rented a cottage for a week as usual. We spent our days walking to the beach, building castles, throwing the ball for the dog, swimming, cuddling and having fun. At night we had campfires, sparklers, movies, walks at the beach and ice cream. I love watching Eric and JJ playing in the surf together. Most of the week it was just our family of 3 and the dog. We had a great time and I can't wait to do it again. I'm sure this coming summer will be even better than last. I can't help but think of the night we were at this little park on Main St in Shediac. JJ had to pee and there was no place for her to go. I took her in a little corner and taught her to squat to pee. Since then I've been trying to convince her that squatting outside to pee is not really appropriate.
Save the best for last - my baby girl. She has changed so much over the last year. She's a preschooler now instead of a toddler. She still has a lisp but she says macaroni instead of pacaroni. She is pigheaded, independant, stubborn, persistent, loveable, sweet, affectionate, carefree, artistic, and fun-loving all wrapped into a 42 inch tall package. I think my highlight was about 6 months ago when she was sitting on the flush and she looked at me and said "Momma, you're my best friend."
So there you have it. A few thoughts that popped into my head. You won't find any New Year's resolutions from me. I'm not against them, I just have never bothered to make them. I thought about it while reading everyone else's resolutions. But, realistically, they would only be the same things I tell myself every other day anyway...be more patient and get off your lazy ass. I'm going to break the mold and this will be the one day a year I WON'T tell myself to be a better person. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice looking blog, Princess!

Queen Mel said...

Love the Blog Skin....I would have to say its been a phenominal (sp?) year for Friendships, that has been a huge hilight of my year.

Sunny said...

It has been a year full of ups and downs. I just hope that 2007 is better. Looking forward to making new friends and get to know the ones I have better.
You'd love my new desk calendar but it may think of what you didn't get this year for the big day so maybe you'd better not come see it.

awareness said...

Love the design.....thank you for the cricut explanation.

Wish I could take your belly aches away.........

Here's to walks along the beach, wave surfing, campfires, and poignant potty moments with our children......yes, I have had a couple of those times myself. They do make the belly aches go away for a little bit.......

Happy New Year.