Friday, December 29, 2006

Big Day

I have a big day coming up in just over 30 days. Yup, a birthday and it's a big one. I'm not bothered by it. In fact, I'm looking forward to it. Mr Princess and I were supposed to go south for the big day but due to circumstances beyond my control we cannot go. Thank you CCRA. I was very clear that I did not want to be in Canada for my birthday. I really wanted to be somewhere warm and tropical. The only downfall with that was being away from JJ on my big day. At least I'll get to spend the day with her.
I have decided that my big day this year will consist of a brand spanking new Cricut for me. Happy B-day to me. I'm going to wait for a bit but I plan to tell the Mister and my parents that I would prefer to have money for my birthday. I already have a bit saved up and it shouldn't take me too long to get to my goal.
You know, I find it more fun to save for something big. I could go to Nic's today and order a Cricut but this gives me something to look forward to. You all should know me well enough by now to know that I like to have something to be excited about down the road.

Oh! This is completely off topic but did anyone else hear the rumour that the Dixie Chicks are calling it quits? Nic, surely you've read about this. What do you all think? True or false? WhenI read it on the front page of the Enquirer, I'll believe it. :)

6 comments:

Queen Mel said...

Yes they really are calling it quits, it was on CNN last weekend. Marty & her sister (forgot name) have had enough of Natalie going on & on about politics and just keeping the fight going, they feels its not about the music anymore and have lost themselves in this mess.

Maybe that is why they sucked so bad the night we saw them, they had a fight or something, they certainly did not interact with one another or the crowd?

NickyT said...

I had all these life goals set for when I turned 30. Loose 50pds, quit smoking, start carrying a purse. My advice, don't set goals!

Well I'll be darned! I didn't hear about that! But I agree w/ Mel it does make perfect sense due to their behaviour the night we all saw them in concert.

The Original Princess said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mad&Soapy said...

My theory is this..."If at first you don't succeed...destroy all evidence that you tried in the first place!!!" LOL Go with that!

awareness said...

Hey ms. p. spy.......

30 eh? hmmmmmmmmmm...........

You'll have to wear your Christmas hat out on the town.

What the heck is a Cricut? Is it a scrappy thing?

Anonymous said...

You're doing a lot better than I was. I almost had a nervous breakdown when I was turning 30. My life was not what I thought it would be by the time I was 30 ... it's not even that now.