Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Tree is Done

Our Christmas tree is now up and decorated. I'll post a picture of it in awhile. Oh wait, I don't have a digital camera...silly me. As per usual we had a small gathering to help up decorate the tree. This year we kept it really small. My parents, my sister and her family, and The Coreys. It was a good group of people. The kids all played well together and the adults enjoyed a few drinks. It's nice when you don't have to worry that anyone is sitting all by themselves and that type of thing.
The tree turned out really well. The kids did a great job. They were all very well-mannered, they shared and were all pretty laid back. There will definitely NOT be any recorating this year. I usually put bows on the tree and I might later but I'm still on the fence at this point.
JJ is in the bathtub...by her own request. She actually told me she's ready for her nap but then asked for a bath when I was shocked by her first request. It's not even 5 pm yet.
Mr. Princess had himself a few double rum and cokes and it's currently asleep in the bedroom. He was sawing logs on the couch until I asked him to go sleep behind closed doors. I have to listen to him snore like a freight train all night long. I'm not going to listen to it now if I don't have to.
Right now I really feel like scrapbooking. I've been so busy making Christmas gifts that I haven't done anything just for fun lately. I hope I'm still feeling creative when I finally have the chance to do something for fun.
I have to go finish cleaning up from this afternoon. We cooked and cleaned most of yesterday and today. I was looking around after everyone left and I couldn't help but think it's alot of work for just a few hours of fun. Maybe from now on I won't bother cleaning. When anyone comes over I'll just say "Really, this is how it would look after the party so I didn't bother to clean. You understand, right?" Here I go to clean up. Yup, look at me go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep your fingers crossed! May Santa will bring you a digi cam if you've been really good this year...and if he doesn't, nag him incessantly until he does.

NickyT said...

My Nan always said no since in cleaning till after the company! I always think of that when the company is gone and I'm cleaning the house a 2nd time!

I feel like scrapping too but my room has been turned into Gift Central so it is prolly out of the picture till 2007!!! YIKES