Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Kids Say the Funniest Things

Here are two conversations between JJ and I from this week. All because I *know* how much everyone loves reading about my child.

Monday

I told JJ we could make and decorate gingerbread men. We get home and I discover we don't have any eggs. And this conversation ensues:
Me: I'm sorry JJ we can't make gingerbread men because we don't have any eggs.
JJ: But Mommy I want to.
Me: I know I'm sorry. (Mr Princess walks into the kitchen) Who do suppose ate all the eggs?
JJ pointing a Mr Princess: The big guy.
Me: Hey! We have a ready mix box of Nanaimo bars, let's make those!
JJ: Good idea, Mommy!
Me: Oh, JJ I'm sorry we don't have enough butter.
JJ as she slams the box of Nanaimo bars on the counter: Oh shit!
I exit the kitchen never looking back.

This morning in the car

JJ takes forever to get her coat on boots on because she has to do 10 million things first. So when we finally get out the door I often say "Okay, we're off like a herd of turtles".
Me in the car: Okay, JJ we're off....(I stop to let her finish the sentence)
JJ: ...like a herd of turds!

Alrighty then.

3 comments:

Queen Mel said...

What! OMG, that is way too funny......I cracked right up this morning when she called me "Mel". That was too cute.

"The real" MarthaSue said...

LOL - too cute!

NickyT said...

You know how hard it is not to say Like Mother Like Daughter!!