Friday, December 15, 2006

Mean Ole Big Brother

I confess I have been known to blog while at work. More often, I check my friend's blogs at work and leave comments. As of yesterday, that is no more. Big brother has blocked access to blogger and beta blogger. I can still read blogs, I just can't leave comments or write my own blogs. Oh well, C'est la vie! I think Mel has found a work around. But I'll have to wait until Monday to test it because I'M ON VACATION TODAY!

I just dropped JJ and Mr Princess off at daycare and work. I'm now drinking EGGNOG COFFEE and cooking ribs for the family for supper. It's only 8:38 and I am a domestic goddess.

I took the day off to finish my Christmas shopping. Up until this point, I have done all of my shopping on my lunch hour. I tell the truth when I say my legs sometimes hurt after lunch because of the power walking I use to get as much done as I can in 1 hour. I have it all down to a science now. Today, I'm looking forward to just taking my time, looking at things, getting a Gingerbread Latte, maybe looking at some clothes for myself. Ahhhh...it will be nice. I'm also going to stop in a Nic's and I can stay all day if I want. She might kick me out but the point is I have the freedom. I need to stop in and see Shelley for a few minutes too. But before any of that, I'm going skating with JJ and her daycare. Parents are free to go to skating with them on Fridays. I didn't go last week and JJ told me a whole bunch of parents were there. Then she looks up at me with those expressive green eyes and sadly says "Momma, will go skating next week?" Of course I'll be there. Come hell or high water I will drag my lifeless body across the parking lot, into the coliseum, on the ice, and beat anyone who gets in my way with my own amputated arm if I have to. But I'll be there Babe, I'll be there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lucky ducky, course I'm wrapping up my shopping (ha, ha - wrapping up).

Enjoy your day off. I hear skating went ok?

Yes I have found a workaround, Big Brother isn't going to hold me down - nosiree.

Melanie

NickyT said...

testing, testing 1-2-3

NickyT said...

IT WORKEd - must of been a Blogger issue!