Friday, December 01, 2006

The Big Concert

JJ had her Christmas concert at daycare last night. She's been practicing for a few weeks now. She loves to sing so she had the songs down pat in one evening.
My mom made her a very cute little dress to wear. I picked out a pattern but I couldn't find fabric I liked. As a last resort, I took JJ to Fabricville one Sunday afternoon and let her pick her own fabric. She picked fabric with snowmen all over it. I must say she picked a great print and the dress was super cute.
JJ's class took the stage and they are all wearing cardboard bells and a little hat thing that was supposed to look like the part of the bell that you hold on to. Well her bell top (headband) fell down. So she spend a good portion of the first song trying to get that back on her head. All the parents were laughing while this was going on. One of the songs was a little narrative where the kids took turns speaking in groups of 2 or 3. When it was her turn she and her buddy marched up the mike and said their part like pros. During the last song, Jingle Bells, the were ring bells. At first JJ was dancing along (parents laughing) and then she started ring her bell with such gusto that she knocked the headband of the kid next to her. Luckily he was completely unfazed about it. JJ didn't even notice...she was too busy performing. She did a great job and was certainly entertaining.
She was sitting in front of the stage watching another class after she was done singing and decided to stage another performance on her own. She kept lifting her dress over her head. No comments from the peanut gallery about parental likeness. Melanie was having a bird in the front row telling me what was going on. But it would have been more distracting for me to walk to the front and stop her. I found out after the fact that another parent tried to pull her dress down but JJ fought against her to pull it back up. I took her away from the stage as soon as the song was over.
After the concert numerous parents came up and said JJ is quite the performer. One parent said "Hollywood, that's all I have to say. Hollywood!" Another parent commented that they really hoped I got her performance (not the dress performance, the singing performance) on tape. I gently explained that the Princess household has not yet joined the 21st century. I'm sure that these parents were being nice. But when people keep commenting I have to wonder what they were really thinking. JJ wasn't acting out, she was just really into singing. Seriously.

3 comments:

NickyT said...

Hollywood! That is awesome! Love it!!!

For future reference - you are more then welcome to borrow the camcorder at my place. Purchased 5 years ago right before xmas. Used once! Also, I have a digi camera that isn't that old you could have lend of over the holidays if you so choose? It needs a memory card though but those are dirt cheap.

Queen Mel said...

My hubby told me that I saw JJ holding her dress over her head, my jaw opened, my eyes blinked, open more, head began to spin, picture jaw with gaping hole, then I turn and say "Sarah, (while pointing virgioursly) her dress is over her head". Then I turn back around and laugh my ass off as that parent grabs her dress and tugs (rather hard) while JJ has the death grip on the dress and her ears.......all I can say is "thank God it wasn't mine".

I would have to agree - she'll be in Hollywood, no doubt about it.

b.c. Gurl said...

lol -- I love concerts with the little ones :) so she's an entertainer...nothing wrong there! so long as she's not 12 and still hiking her skirt up around her ears...it's all good :)