Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Secret Santa

Our secret santa party was last night and the buggers tried to overthrow me. They said they thought I would be upset if they didn't plan something. In all honesty, I thought you were all just switching names to throw off my guessing. But your gag was well done and fun. Shame on you all for using Jay's mom to distract me.
The girls all had white name tags with their Princess names. For example, Nic was Princess of Minto. Then they all put on tiaras! I dove for my princess santa hat but the Real MarthaSue had hidden it on me. I had a name tag too but it only said my real name AND it was on a clear name tag so I was invisible. It was all in good fun. The girls also gave me a wonderful bag of goodies that are all "must-haves" for a real princess. There was a magic hair brush, a makeup kit complete with fake finger tips and nails, princess lip gloss, and last but certainly not least, bedazzled princess panties. I'm sure if you look around you'll find photos of said panties. But I'm not giving any directions to find them.
There were other specials gifts going around too...Nic will not have to buy pot holders for a long, long, time. Mel, unfortunately, will probably still need to buy Scope soon even with the amount she received last night. Hopefully, she has enough to get her through Christmas Day. The Real MarthaSue received an orginal copy of Susie's Creative Companion - I waited in long a long time and fought off muggers to get my hands on that puppy.
I was the last to open my secret santa gift, because I'm so patient of course. It was totally worth the wait. Tina did an awesome job and it was perfect for me. I'm a bit sleepy so forgive me if I forget a few items - there was eggnog coffee (YUM!!), rub ons, playing card embellishments, vanilla Bath and Body works shower gel, terrifically tacky tape (Love this stuff). There was other stuff to but it escapes me. Anyway, like I said it was absolutely perfect.
Nic and Jay also has gifts for each of us. I won't list it incase others haven't opened it yet. But again thet were perfect for me. It's obvious each gift was specifically tailored for the recipient.
It was a great time as usual. Yesterday I was thinking to myself "Anita must be feeling a bit sad reading all the blogs about the party tonight". Of course Anita always participated in the past but is in Victoria, BC this year. WRONG! She's home for Christmas and surprised us all by being at the party. I'm sad it's over for another year it's all over for another year.
Love you all. Each and everyone of you is completely worthy of a Princess title. Thanks for being such great friends!

3 comments:

Queen Mel said...

you are too much fun Princess. The look on your face was priceless the site of you diving at the couch to get your hat was perfect and then realizing it was GONE.......absolutely perfect.....

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! My mother was a more than willing participant! She thought it was too funny! The look on your face was priceless!

NickyT said...

Thanks for being such a great Sport! It was a blast! We have such a great bunch of pals don't we??

Just think the coup we could of planned if we had more the 1hour to do it!

The first thing out of Tori's mouth this morning, "How did Sarah like her panties Mama?" "She loved them so much Tori that she wore them all night over her jeans!" Tee Hee

Merry Christmas