Monday, January 08, 2007

Office Annoyances

This is a short list of things that annoy me in the office:
* The sounds of someone clipping their nails at their desk..ewww. Hehehe...I wonder if they were clipping their finger nails or toe nails. Ewww again.
* People who refuse to use a tissue to remedy their runny nose and choose to sniffle it instead...that is beyond ewww...it makes me want to vomit on the floor.
* Super-loud phone talkers. So loud that I struggle hear myself think...it's not even one of our employees. I'm now very well versed on the goings on of the other dept that shares the floor with us.
* The "martyr" who comes to work sick because we all know that the workplace will cease to function if they are not here today. So, lucky us, they come to work and generously spread they stomach flu around so we all get a shot at it. Okay, that's actually last week AND today.

I'll be puking by the end of the day one way or antoher. :)

That's all. It's a short list but I think they are all valid annoyances. I'm not even having a bad day. These things just all happened to take place in a short span of time this morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, those aren't just office annoyances. Sniffling is one the most annoying sounds in the world. Just get off your lazy rump and get a tissue!

And the whole coming in sick...is irritating. If people just stayed home a day or two, they would feel a lot better and spread their germs everywhere. Unfortunately, I've known employers who take a dim view of that philosophy ... the saddest case being a pharmacy - people who should know better.

Sunny said...

Call centres are the worse for that. If you get sick, get in an accident in a snow storm...whatever just get your butt to work is the working philosophy of most of these places. I hated working at the call centre. You get in trouble for calling in sick yet you work in one big, fricken' room full of 100-250 people, most of whom are sick, and they expect that you won't get sick too. Stupid if you ask me.

"The real" MarthaSue said...

I hear you there....doesn't make sense.