Sunday, January 21, 2007

To the Real Princesses

You all got me! My friends had a surprise party for me last night. I thought I was going out for dinner with Shelley and Angie. I was standing there looking at the hostess at Boston Pizza and jumped sky high when a table to my left thundered "SURPRISE!!". It took me a second to realize I knew everyone at the table and that they were yelling at me.

It's pretty tricky to have a surprise birthday party 2 weeks before the date! I had a great time!! I received tons of gifts which were all gift certificates in $30 denominations. The was one from Avalon Spa, Shoppers, mall dollars, CompuPro Scrapbooking, Stampin Up, Tim Horton's...I think I've missed a few. I apologize for that but it's not even 7 am yet. They had a tropical outfit for me to wear because they were trying to bring the tropics to me. Sweet huh? I'm sure pictures of my shell bra will hit the internet soon enough. I even received an letter from the Real Martha Sue Reporting Live from Manila!

Our waiter was hilarious!! After most of the wait staff in the restaurant sang happy birthday to me and announced to the whole place that it was my 30th birthday, he said I needed a shooter of some type. He wanted to bring me tequila but that would have killed me. A short while later he shows up with 2 shooters for me. Here is what he said "I said I would bring you something and since it's your 30th bithday, I thought you deserved a multiple orgasm." and then he sets to orgasm shooters on the table. I laughed so hard I could hardly drink them.

I also made a new friend lst night. His name was Nick. He just walked up and said hi. LOL.

I want to say thank you to everyone involved in making this party happen. I know it's not an easy feat to plan a surprise party for me. I can't help it...I just notice things. I know you all must have aged a few years during the planning over the past few weeks. In all honesty, I was truely surprised. I really had no idea. There was a slip on Friday but I really didn't think anything was going on with all of you.

Melanie told me there were 27 girlse invited - That's crazy! I didn't realize I had 27 friends. I guess the party was scheduled for Friday night but when it was postponed due to the weather not everyone could make it. But no matter, I still really appreciate that I even have 27 friends to be invited. Seriously, 27!! I was thinking about it last night when I couldn't sleep (not one single wise crack, not one!) and it boggles my mind that I know 27 people that I can honestly call good friends. I'm very, very fortunate. To all of you who were there last night - thank you so much, I had a ball. To those who couldn't make it - thank you so much, we missed you.

To the 27 real Princesses, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

11 comments:

Queen Mel said...

Boy am I glad I don't have to lie and sneak anymore....one little slip up and you would have known...LOL

BTW, you failed to really "portray" Nick properly...all I can is you've still got and I don't think you'll be losing IT anytime soon....

Sunny said...

I am soooo sorry I couldn't make it. I wanted to sooo badly and M and I just about had a cow when it was slipped on Friday by P's wife. She felt terrible about it!

I forgot to sign the card at J's crop....I didn't know it was there and didn't want to go snooping around in her cupboard. I am so glad you had a good time and that it actually was a surprise afterall. It was really hard seeing you everyday and not saying something by accident.

Happy 30th Birthday (even if it's early)!!!!

Dee said...

Happy early Birthday Princess. Sorry I could't make it but I was thinking about ya. So glad you had a great time.

Queen Mel said...

Hey Jenn, I added your name to the card for ya.....we added everyone's name to the card who couldn't make it.

"The real" MarthaSue said...

I'm so glad you had a good time - wish I could have been there!

Happy Birthday!

NickyT said...

It was fun planning and awaiting your reaction! I thought for sure though on Friday your Spidey Senses were going!

I heard Jen; I actually incase you didn't notice tried not to have to much one on one conversations with you. I was sooooo scared I was going to slip up and screw it up!

Plus; I really thought Mel was going to have a heart attack if this didn't happen soon.

Nick, was too funny! He was hitting on yoooouuuuuu! You should of tried to get him to buy our table a round LOL!

Happy Early BDay!

Queen Mel said...

I thought he said his name was "Mick"....you know like Jagger? Like pooh he was 28....I would have completely gone shy or did something dumb like hold up my wedding ring, not the Princess, very non-chalant (sp?) she just went with it.....very smooth.

NickyT said...

You called him Nick in your post above - right? "you failed to portray nick properly".

I thought he said Nick that was after 3 drinks though. My hearing could of been blurred LOL.

Anonymous said...

Sarah - I'm glad you were surprised and had such a good time - I'm just sorry I missed it all....damn snow!!! Happy Birthday :)

R

awareness said...

happy early birthday sarahdipity.

you have 28 friends...... :)

The Original Princess said...

Deanna - happy birthday to you! It was your actual birthday on Saturday.

Thanks everyone...28 friends :)