Friday, January 12, 2007

Sarahdipity

Have you ever heard of serendipity? This is the definition from the dictionary: the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for.

We all know that Mel tells me she hates me on a regular basis because I have good luck. Things tend to go in my favour or I make things work out for me. Remember the incident where I closed the garage door on the car? Yesterday, my father was going to get his car, drive two blocks to pick me up at my mom's office, and drive me back the 2 blocks to my office. But, dammit, my mom told him I was joking. Today, I managed to have someone else offer to make my dish for tonight's potluck but I'll tell you about that tonight.

I was telling my co-worker about the potluck story. She rolls her eyes and says "You and your serendipity." Then she says "No, you've have it better. You have Sarahdipity!" I jumped out of me chair with glee. My eyes were shining with excitement and wonder. My voice rose an octave and a few decibels. All I could say is "I love it! My friends will love it!" In reality, I can already hear my friends groaning. Actually, I can clearly hear Mel saying "I hate you!" LOL..I can hear Jay saying "Good god." with a bit of disgust. The possibilities are endless! And you all know how much I *LOVE* new words.

Just when I didn't think today could get any better....it did. Let me leave you with just one thought....

I am a phenomenon, I am SARAHDIPITY!

8 comments:

Queen Mel said...

I will never dispute the fact that you are a phenomenon......NEVER!

Truely Princess you do have Sarahdipity.....its perfect.

Oh and YES I do hate you for it!

awareness said...

How about sarahpiphany?

awareness said...

sarahnicity?

NickyT said...

Okay, you know I love ya! Just cause you can say those things with such flair and convincing.....like nah I'm not worried things always work out for me! :) Now you can say, the Sarahdipity will work it all out! You know the word even sounds like a Scrapbook Title!

Anonymous said...

Good God!

Only you!

"The real" MarthaSue said...

HAHHHAHAHHAHHHAHHHA...that was me laughing...I love it

princess sarahdipity....

NickyT said...

Just an FYI leaving this post up doesn't make the Sarahdipity anymore of a phenomen you know; wink, wink.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you could do me a favour Princess and update your blog...I need something to read on my maturnity leave...lol