Friday, January 05, 2007

Princess Power

Something is wrong with me...seriously wrong with me. Twice in the last few months my Princess Powers have failed me! Horrific but true. My Princess Powers never fail...until recently.
Today at lunch I had a shot at being Employee of the Universe, Employee of the Millenium, and all around Bad Ass all wrapped into one. But I blew it. Sadly, I'm not even sure where I went wrong.
I was leaving the Regent Mall and when I walked by Toys R Us, there was an employee standing there with a much sought after Wii. I turned around so fast I'm sure I'll have whiplash in the morning. I said "How many of those do you have?" He answered 2 and I almost ran to the payphone. I called my boss, in a meeting I might add, and said "Paul! Toys R Us has 2 Wiis. Do you want me to buy one?" He said no he wouldn't feel right about that but we worked out a plan and I went back.
In the store I go and I sashay (you all know I like to sashay) up to James the World Sales Leader - that's really what his name tag said, I swear on JJ's head. I say to James "My boss would really like to have a Wii and could I give you a $*** deposit and he'll come up and pay the rest at 3pm?" James hums and haws for a minute and says they really can't do it. I say "Are you really the World Sales Leader?" He says no that just call the sections of their store "worlds". Whatever. Then I ask him if Paul can call in with his credit card number and just pick it up later. No dice. So as a last and pitiful effort, I say "But its for my boss and I would be the best employee ever." He laughs but won't give in. I leave confused by the universe and not understanding why my Princess Power is not working. I came back to the office and called him again. I offered once more to go buy it for him but he wouldn't hear of it.

I saw Melanie on the way out of the mall and got her to call Nic. I would have called but my cell phone was dead. Hopefully, she manages to get there to get one. Good luck. I'd offer my Princess Powers to help you out but they seem to be on the blink.

4 comments:

Queen Mel said...

hmmmm, the Princess is losing her Powers, I sure hope that power transfers.......if you had of been wearing your new winter coat with the faux fur collar I'll bet that would have been the what pushed him over the edge......guess a girl has to be ready at all times huh?

Nick is pretty tickled, I'm going to take it over now....

NickyT said...

OMG - Tickled my heart is palipatting (sp?) it is beating really hard! I'm so excited!!! Everybody, is invited to my house tomorrow night to play

Sunny said...

Maybe you lost your powers when you put on that crazy fiery orangy red had with the horrendous pompom tassles!!!!

Make sure your wristband stays on tight Nick or you'll be buying a new TV! I hear those things are awesome! No gym membership necessary...you can play tennis in your living room.

"The real" MarthaSue said...

so the Wii is to Bii??