Friday, January 05, 2007

Live From Manila

Susan aka the real MarthaSue has landed in Manila, Phillipnes. Can you imagine what it would be like? I love to travel but I'm a bit of a chicken. Small caribbean countries great! Big foreign non-english speaking countries...scary. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go but having to be responsible for myself as opposed to just jumping on a bus with a tour guide scares the bejezuz out of me.
Susan, I really think it's great that you have taken this opportunity. I know you must be feeling realms outside of your comfort zone. But you should be so proud have done this. You have travelled over 24 hours to get there, nagivated the Hong Kong airport, survived the car ride there, said "see you later" to your family, accepted the challenge of teaching, LEFT BEHIND TIM HORTONS, and all of this in a non-english speaking country! This will be a once in a life time opportunity and you should be proud that you are rising to the challenge.

We're all looking forward to reading about your adventres. We are all sorta living this adventure with you. Now, go have an adventure for us. Oh, are you going to try eating weird and wonderful things while you're there? An appetizer of snake soup perhaps??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently just about any kind of animal penis is quite the delicacy in Asia. Willing to try that Sue?

Queen Mel said...

OMG, I could never do what Sue has done, it is mind-boggling for me. I envy her, Sue, you are my hero, your awesome....such a woman....I'm very proud of you and your family...

"The real" MarthaSue said...

OH MY GOD!

I am going to try as much as possible - with the exception of Animal Penis...however if that's the only thing that my chopstick will pick up - I may get desperate!!

I will keep you guys posted!

Thanks for the kind words...gotta go find me some penis! LOL