Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Winter has Arrived



This a a photo that I took today looking off a little bridge on Rte 4 between Fredericton and St. Andrews. I must say I'm pretty impressed with this photo. I was driving along and saw this little spot. So I pulled over hopped out of the car and started snapping away. My fingers were tingling and starting to hurt after about 30 seconds. I wish I could have stayed a few more minutes but my fingers would have died and fallen off and I'm sorta partial to them and would like to keep them. I think I might get this photo printed and if it looks good in print I might get in blown up. We'll see.

I've been MIA for the past few days. I'm so tired I can hardly keep myself awake. This afternoon was desperate struggle against the exhaustion. I couldn't seem to do anything properly and it took be a long time to complete any task. Just sitting upright at my desk meant my body and brain had to work at full capacity. I'm heading for bed in a few minutes.

But first I'll tell you why I'm so tired. My dear, dear Mr Princess is an avid basketball player. Avid, I tell you, avid. He decided to play in Oromocto on Monday night in all that snow. Of course, that was after I talked him out of driving to Harvey. So, he meets his buddies at the Y and they car pool to O-town. They usually go for a beer after they plan and typically get home after midnight. I was nervous about him being out. In my defence someone we know was in a very serious car accident last week so I was more nervous that I would normally be.

I remember last looking at the clock at 11:10 pm before falling asleep. The next thing I know the phone is ringing and my heart skips a few beats before settling in my throat. I flew across the room in the dark to pick up the phone and my knees literally got weak when I heard Mr Princess' voice. He had that tone in his voice where you know something is wrong. He then tells me that he has locked his keys in the car and everyone has already left. I simultaneously feel relief that he is alright but dread at having to fix this problem. We only have one car so I was very limited in my options. What did I do? I called my dad.

My dad is the best. I called him at 11:45 pm and he came to get my keys then took them to the Mr at the Y. When I asked him this favour he was already in bed and he still said "Sure, I'll be right there." He didn't sigh in annoyance, or complain, or even hesitate. He immediately got dressed and came over. I don't hesitate anytime my parents ask me to help out but this is just a reminder of why I never hesistate.

So Mr Princess gets home around 12:30. What the hell took so long??? I didn't bother to ask. I was tired. Unfortunately, I didn't get back to sleep until 3:30 am. The phone ringing scared me and I had a hard time calming myself enough to get to sleep. I really only had 30 minutes sleep at the most before he called. All together I got maybe 3 hours sleep Monday night. I was tired yesterday but I always find the second day worse. Now that I've told my story I'm headed off to Lalaland.

5 comments:

Queen Mel said...

Daddy + baby finger of Princess = Sarahdipity

So thats what the fuss was all about....hmmmmmm, I would think that would deserve a cricut?

awareness said...

I like your photo. The lighting is just right!!

NickyT said...

Awesome pic! Tell me that Mr. Princess isn't all super geeky impressed at that shot on the digi camera!

Daddy + Baby Finger LOL Good One!

I can't sleep lately then I'm bumm tired all day and still can't sleep at night. Starting to feel a little zombish myself.

b.c. Gurl said...

love the pic! definitely one to get enlarged :)
daddy + baby finger - laughing my pants off at that one!!! too funny

My parents are the same way - no hesitation - I'm so spoiled.

If I get woke up like that I too have a hard time falling asleep/getting any sleep - and then it just becomes a vicious cycle!! Hope you got some sleep last night and are feeling better today!

"The real" MarthaSue said...

awesome pic --love that TayCreek!