Friday, November 24, 2006

Stupid Strikes Again

Just when I thought I had exhausted all methods of making a fool of myself, I somehow manage to find a new way.
Jenn and I had lunch today and then went to Reid's News Stand to pick up some magazines as stocking stuffers. I wanted to get some sports magazines for Mr Princess but really was at a loss. So Jenn and I started to talk about our lack of knowledge (and really lack of intrest) regarding sports. We must have sounded very dumb because a nice man standing next to us says "I'm a sport writer maybe I can help you." Oh my, I'm sure I turned 10 shades of red.

He was very nice and asked a few questions to try to get an idea of what we needed. I was looking for a basketball magazine and he asked if Mr Princess liked Pro ball or College ball. I quickly recovered from the blank stare that momentarily blanketed by face and responded that he likes both. The man was very helpful and helped me pick out a magazine.
Next I said I wanted a golf magazine. So again, he offered his help and asked if Mr Princess watches or plays. Ha! I knew the answer to this one - both! We decided that Golf Digest was a safe bet. I thanked him and went on my way.

As we were walking down the street, it struck me all of a sudden that the nice sports writer was Bill Hunt. He also write a column in the Lifestyles section of the Gleaner that I read every Saturday. I asked Jenn if she knew who he was. She didn't so I explained. She then laughed and said maybe he'll write about us. That's what I'm afraid of.

2 comments:

NickyT said...

Bill Hunt! OH MY GAAWD!!! He is the guy that takes every occurances, writes about them and cracks me up!

What a great column it would make! Did you introduce yourself as Princess?

b.c. Gurl said...

Oh I remember reading his column, he always cracked me up - and I would bet good money that your encounter will end up in print :)