Monday, November 06, 2006

Need To Be Medicated

My drive to work today was pure and utter hell and nothing short of it. I'm sure there are many other Frederictonians telling very similar stories this morning. I'm telling you that if a doctor had taken my blood pressure after I finally parked that beast of a car, I would be on BP meds for the rest of my days.
Now, I should say that I hate the first snow. Seriously, I do. Not because I'm afraid of the driving conditions but because people are ridiculous. It's like the forget how to drive in the snow from year to year. Hello???? We live in Canada...it snows EVERY year around this time. I used to bitch about the people who waited until after the first snow to put on their winter tires. Well, I'm one of those morons this year. I have very bald all season tires on my car. Let me say that the reason for not having winter tires is not because of our lack of trying.
We have been trying to get winter tires on our car for a few weeks now...much to my frustration. We sold our Jeep this part March and got a Nissan Altima. My Jeep Liberty was not an attractive vehicle but I was safe in it. I travel to the ass end of nowhere by myself for work. My 4 wheel drive saved my ass on more than one occassion. Because of this, when we got the car we decided to get me really good studded tires for my travels. EASIER SAID THAN DONE!!! It has been such a headache to get tires on this effing car. I'm not going to telling the long story because it's boring. But I will say it has been weeks that we've been trying to get tires on this car. Now they tell me maybe Wednesday. Great. We've been to numerous places over the past few weeks and the story is the everywhere. They don't have tires in stock or they have one or two.
Here are the highlights of my drive this morning:
* I loved almost sliding into the concrete thing-a-ma-bob going up the ramp on the bridge.
* I also love sliding through the intersection in front of the Centennial Building even though I was not going any faster than 20 km/h.
* The lady who turned into the parking lot before letting me exit and almost spun into my car is getting a one way ticket to Camp Stupid.

I want my Jeep back. It wasn't pretty but it was mine and I didn't slide around in it.

2 comments:

Queen Mel said...

Agreed. People are Stupid this time of year, they fly around on the road on bald tires, almost hitting the rest of us who knew the snow was coming.

Maybe the Gleaner should annouce every November 1st or something?

Kimmartha said...

Ditto on the drivers! This morning, our first busload of kids, who usually arrive at 7:55 am, arrived at 9:45 am! The NewMaryland traffic is the most insane in the city I am sure!

K