Monday, November 20, 2006

Chip Off the Old Block

When it comes to personality, my daughter really is a chip off the old block. I may soon start calling her Mini-Me. She is like me in many ways but yesterday she proved she is like me in more ways than I thought.
Generally in life, things tend to work out in my favour. No matter what the circumstances I either get what I want or come out smelling like a rose. I promise I don't usually do anything under-handed or manipulative to make things go my way....it just happens. For example, a car usually leaves to free up a good space for me, JJ gets into the daycare I want by just a hair, I get the last item on the shelf at the store...this list goes on and on. This is a fact that really drives some around me crazy. In fact, Melanie tells me she hates me at least once a day.
Yesterday I took Jillian to Jean Coutu to sit on Santa's knee and this is where it all came to light. There were a few people ahead of us in line but the line went quickly. The man running things really took a liking to JJ. He was talking to her, laughing at her, and loved her blond curls. So he introduced her to Santa "Santa, this is Jillian." She walks over to Santa with her arms wide open for a hug and then climbs up on his knee. She is buttering him, I mean chatting him up like a pro. She tells him what kind of cookies (chocolate chip) and milk (white as opposed to chocolate) she will leave out for him, tells him what she wants for Christmas, and anything else she can think of to talk about. Part of this deal with Santa was to get your picture taken with him for free. There wasn't anyone behind us in line to see Santa so they let her yammer on for a long time...all the while shooting pictures. Then they suggest I get in the pictures too. Well, I'm known for being camera shy so of course it took some encouraging to get me in the pictures. Yeah right! Jillian is lucky I didn't knock her off the old man's knee in my hurry to get in the photos.
Anyway, we left there are a long visit with Santa with HANDFULS of chocolate, a promise of a bunch of photos within the next week and one happy blond curly haired child. As for Santa, the photographer, and the gentleman running the show? They don't even know what hit them.

1 comment:

Queen Mel said...

See now my luck.....there would be 25 screaming boys, 25 crying little girls all dirty mouthed and runny noses touching everything in site while their mothers are all this and that.....never would I have the luxury of walking in with nobody around.......since I can't rmember saying it today here you go.....I hate you....LOL