Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Good News

I have some great news! Second Cup has their Spiced Eggnog Coffee!! What did you think I was going to say? That I got a digital camera? Keep dreaming. Okay, back to the important stuff...the coffee.
As a rule I don't really like Second Cup coffee...it's better than no coffee at all but not my first or even second choice. However, their Spiced Eggnog Coffee is soooo good. Each year, I buy 2 lbs of SE beans. You can only buy it during the holiday seasson so I use it sparingly and s-t-r-e-t-c-h it as far as I possible can. I only make that coffee on the weekends when I can take the time to enjoy it. I always drink every last drop. As I get down to the bottom of my stash, I often try to stretch it further by mixing in a bit of regular coffee.
I've been calling Second Cup every week since the end of October to ask if the SE coffee as arrived yet. It was such a nice day that instead of calling I decided just to walk over to check. Imagine my glee when not only did they have the beans, but they had some brewed. The owner told me she's been getting numerous calls a day asking if it was in yet. Hmmmm...who would do that??
I love eggnog flavour. Much like the pumpkin wares of October, I hoard eggnog items in December. I've been known to add a splash of eggnog to my coffee. I eat all kinds of eggnog candy canes, drink eggnog lattes, eat eggnog cheesecake and pretty much anything else I can get my hands on. So now that eggnog flavour is out in full swing....I declared the Holiday Seasons open.
So, did you American shopping girls discuss my love of eggnog on your last trip?!?!?

2 comments:

Queen Mel said...

nope, only your October/Pumpkin love, so our next trip will include your Christmas/Eggnot fettish.

I have never had an eggnog candy cane, where do you get them? I love eggnog too.

In the "states" they have eggnog pumpkin spice.......if your good maybe Santa will bring you some?

NickyT said...

I think you forgot - Eggnog & Rum?