Monday, November 27, 2006

Here are my answers. I also challenge everyone else to fill in the questionnaire. If you don't have a blog, you can fill it out in my comments.

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate - Eggnog...preferably with some rum in it. But really, I'll eat/drink eggnog in any form. Bring it on!
Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa presents are not wrapped and they are in front of the couch (here at our house), growing up they were in front of the fireplace. My mom wraps the stuff in our stockings. But with a 3 year old we'd be all day so I'm not wrapping that stuff.
Do You Hang Mistletoe - Nope. FYI - the real stuff is poisonous.
When do You Put Decorations Up - I usually wait until Dec 1 but this year we started a bit early the day of the Satan Claud Parade.
What is Your Fave Holiday Dish (can't be dessert!) Easily my dad's homemade meatpies. He and my aunt make the pies every year. This year I want to help so I can learn to make them too. They use the same recipe my grandmother did.
Fave Christmas Gift - Nothing sticks out in my mind. My downhill skis?
Wen and How did you learn the truth about Santa - I mistakenly found some presents when I was in grade 2. I realized the truth when those gifts we "from Santa" on Christmas morning. I was such a brat. I went to school after Christmas and told everyone.
Do You OPen a Gift on Christmas Eve - No, not growing up and not now. Last year I stole Nick's ida of the elves leaving jammies. Here the elves rang the doorbell and we went down and found the jammies in the entry way. It scared the hell out of Jillian. Two minutes later she had recovered and was looking out the window for the elves.
How do you Decorate your Tree - We dont' enjoy decorating the tree so we invite our family over for a tree decorating party. It usually turns out well. But last year it didn't go so well. After 3 days I couldn't take it anymore and fixed it.
Fave Christmas Memory - Again, I don't really have one. I always enjoyed Christmas Eve with our extended family. I also always looked forward to the choir Christmas Concert.
The most Important thing about the HOlidays - The presents, totally the presents. I'm just kidding. Being with family, of course.
Favourte Christmas Dessert - Ma Tante Paula's shortbread cookies
What tops your Tree - Santa Claus
Do you prefer giving or recieving - I love giving as long as I can think of a great gift for that person. I love shopping for JJ.
Fave Christmas Song - O Holy Night.

3 comments:

NickyT said...

I'm really starting to think I must try these Meat Pies! What type of meat are in meat pies?

Yes! I remeber that last year J being traumatized by the elves! Maybe, this year it will bring more Magic then Scare to her!

I am seeing a pattern with you:
Eggnog, MeatPies & Holy Night and you are all set for the Holydays!

I didn't know that Mistletoe was POISON! There wasn't a lable on it with a skull or anything.

Queen Mel said...

Holydays, that is hilarious....

Anonymous said...

Who is Satan Claud?!?!? I'm hoping that's a typo!!!

R