Sunday, November 05, 2006

Meant To Be

Yesterday morning I was sitting at the diningroom table reading the newspaper and came across a picture of 2 girls advertising their business. There was no story but the caption said they were Shallan and Sara and they design purses(YAY!). The caption also said they would be at the craft sale at the Exhibit Centre this weekend. I love that sale and go every year. Good thing I saw the pic. I also loved the purses so I called my mom and sis to see if they wanted go. Both were on board and we agreed to meet there at 5:45. Side note - Jenn it would be way easier if you just moved to the northside...sigh. Anyway, mom and I were a bit early so we went to get coffee and tea for the 3 of us at Tims. We get back to the sale and Jenn walks in 30 seconds later. The first thing she does is tell us the sale closes at 6 pm (remember it is now 5:45). We're like no its open until 9. So I grab a list of vendors and sure enough it closes at 6. Damn! I pretty much run to the purse booth. I took $30 with me thinking that was all I was willing to pay for a purse. I saw them and they were $50. I loved them but couldn't really justify spending $50. The purses were leather, just the right size, and had the most adorable and funky designs on them. Not to mention that the girls selling them, Shallan and Sara, were sweet as pie. So I'm looking at all the purses, alright fawning over all the purses, and trying to walk away due to the price. But they were so cute. Jenn says I have cash if you want to borrow $20 and pay me tomorrow. Well, I only took $30 on purpose.
Then it happened. Jenn tells me there are sayings in the purses. Too frigging cute! I start looking in all the purses. I looked inside one that had an outside design that I love. Guess what it said inside???? Just flipping well guess!! SUCK IT UP PRINCESS Sold to the sucker in the orange vest. I mean, seriously, how could I not buy it!?!?! It was meant to be, it was written in the stars. We're the best of friends already.

Now, I know that you are all just dying to find out where you can get your purse. I've got your back girls. I brought home lots of their business cards and even asked if they'd be willing to come to my house and do a home presentation for you all. They don't normally do that but they agreed. So let me know if you're interested.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a first hand witness to these purses, they are adorable. If I wasn't so poor, I would buy one. Although, I may just buy myself one as an early Christmas gift to myself...

Jenn

Queen Mel said...

I haven't sitten on Santa's knee yet to tell him what I wanted for Chrismtas.......so when's the party?

Queen Mel said...

ok so I'm tired, I meant "sat" on Santa's knee.....LOL

NickyT said...

STOP IT - YOUR IN MY HEAD AGAIN!!

This is the first year forever that I didn't go to the Craft Show.

I sent Rob and TOri this afternoon for fudge cause I have to buy a pound of fudge at every show and I was in to much of a mess to go.

I whispered in Tori's ear on her way out the door, I saw really cool purses in the paper that are going to be there. Tell Daddy it would be a great gift for Momma for Christmas!

Okay, that good jealousy is coming back again.

Anonymous said...

Hello "sucker in the orange vest" This is Shallan & Sara! We loved your blog about the purses, and we wanted to let you know that we are having an in studio purse party thursday dec. 14th from 6 to 10PM All are invited and all are welcome. This will be the last chance before Christmas....they'll be wine and..a chocolate fountain!! let us know if your interested and we'll give you directions, 459-8535. thanks Shallan and Sara