Sunday, August 20, 2006

Stampers - you'd better sit down

This one is for all my stamping friends and you all might want to sit down for this one. I've mentioned on here before that I'm a tad, maybe just a little, a smidgeon, a teensy little bit ANAL about the condition of my stamps. I always clean them after using them...did you hear that Nic? Always. I'm also very careful not to get ink on the wooden block etc. Ink on the block is enough to cause stroke. I could never be a demo.
I've already started getting my Christmas card examples ready. Last night I was working away and pulled out my Stamp-a-ma-jig for the first time in quite a few months. The last time I used it was to make recipe cards for my mom for mother's day. Lo and behold, there was an ugly, ugly black recipe stamp on the plastic sheet. I cleary put it away without cleaning it off. I must have worked so hard that I was in a daze and didn't realize the drastic, life altering error and was making. I tried my hardest to wipe the impression of the sheet but I can still see it.
I have to give myself credit. I didn't break down in tears, throw anything, or call anyone obscene names. I just put it aside until I needed it and went about my business.
Could the tides be changing? Could I be less of a stamp freak? Don't get too excited yet. I got ink on the block of a brand spanking new stamp last night. Again, I didn't do any of the things previously mention but I stopped stamping after that and the little black cloud hanging over my head was my new best buddy.
Am I crazy? Maybe. But my stamps are pretty damn clean.

1 comment:

Queen Mel said...

WOW! Its a record!

I'm proud of you. For gosh sakes the stamp nazi would have been a better name for you....LOL

Lets wait and see what this transpires into, you might be just "off" this week.....LOL