Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Envy

I have blog envy. Everyone has pretty a pretty new blog and I still have my boring old one. I've been looking but, frankly, I can't find one befitting a Princess. I have looked at dozens but none of them seem to be me. It's a sad, sad story. I'm on vacation this week so I've had time to look but nothing yet. Sigh.
Everyone is having an afternoon nap right now. I'm about to go wake them up so we can do something. We will either go to Wilmot Park (or the pee pool as I call it) or to Mactaquac. To be honest, neither option is really appealing to me right now. Dozens of kids at the pool or rocks at the "beach". Oh, I should mention that I'm a total beach snob. Yup, I can see you all nodding your heads saying "That explains it!" I only like salt water and soft sand. I have a difficult time calling Mactaquac a beach. We have fun there but let's call a spade a spade...its rocks by the side of the St. John River. If I had been thinking ahead, I should have convinced Eric to pile into the car and let JJ sleep on the way to New River Beach. I've never been there before and today would have been the perfect day to explore. Oh well, maybe another day this week.

3 comments:

Dee said...

I highly recommend New River Beach. It is soft sand, salt water and lots of sea shells for the little ones to collect - so much fun. The water is cold as ice though but the kids never seem to mind it. Oh, and if you go to New River you must drive down the highway to Ozzie's.

Queen Mel said...

I'm with Dee, We highly recommend New River (despite the problems I had). JJ will love it and its a very nice drive.

Ozzy's is a MUST!

NickyT said...

I think you might be beddin' somebody who can help you out with this problem are you not :) :) :)