Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Procrastination

Procrastination is the name of the game today. It's been that way since I woke up. It's not that I'm not motivated to do things. I just have so many ideas and things to do that I can't seem to pick place to start. I should add that I am a master procrastinator. I find ways to distract myself from what I should do in the most unassuming places. See? I'm doing it right now. Ha!
So yesterday I was in a super creative mood. I had ideas for Christmas presents coming out the yin yag, I had ideas for the Christmas cards I make to sell, plus ideas for another Christmas project that I haven't quite worked out the details for, and, finally, ideas on how to make satan's den a tad less hellish. First on that list should have perhaps been to put on the other coats of paint to get the color to what is supposed to be. But I had to work all day and then went to hang out with my buds and do crafty things that evening.
Tonight, I have all the time in the world to get to my stuff and what did I do? I cleaned up my scrap area, surfed the net, and now I'm blogging. Who knows what other ways I'll find to procrastinate. Heck, this seems a good a time as any to take up a new language right?
I have a bad habit of tearing my house apart before I'm set to have company. I'm having an SU demo on Sunday and I pick Monday night to turn my diningroom into santan's den. I need to finish the painting tomorrow and Friday night. I'd like to make it less frightening for the girls. Plus, they might like a place to complete their stamping projects too. Like, say the diningroom table?
One week before my wedding, I decided I hated the wallpaper in the hall way in our old house. So down it comes only to discover that the previous owners had wallpaper, as opposed to painting, for a very good reason. The walls were a complete mess. I certainly didn't have the time to fix them so wall paper needed to go back up. What does every mother of the bride want to do a week before her daughter's wedding? Take it from me the answer is NOT wallpapering said daughter's hallway. But I don't wallpaper so what option was there?
Speaking of my wedding - note to self to blog about that some day.

6 comments:

Queen Mel said...

You sound like your on overload......write it down at least, heck blog it....LOL

NickyT said...

I was in the same boat today.....I am a major procrasinator but like things done on time if that makes any sense? LOL

Kimmartha said...

Wow, I'm a procrastinator too! I chalk it up to being either a)I am such a perfectionist that if it can't be done exactly right, I'm not going to do it at all or b)I have undiagnosed ADHD and I need some Ritalin to help me focus!!!

Queen Mel said...

OMG, you people are going to drive me NUTSO! Ugh!

b.c. Gurl said...

k..i'll admit it..i'm a huge procrastinator!!! and I agree with j..things just work out better at the last minute. If I start something early, I hate it by the time it's finished and change it upteen times...and I end up doing it at the last minute anyway....so I just skip the middle and go for the end ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL - too funny!

s