Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Hurrting Unit

I'm injured. Yup, that's right. I have sustained a painful injury. Before you get too concerened, I'm on the road to recovery. I woke up Wednesday morning with this searing pain on my left side right below my rib cage. The type that takes your breath away. If I coughed, laughed, sneezed, moved to fast, stretched, reach or let my daughter kick me in the ribs it caused pain enough to bring me to my knees. I say to my dear husband "What the hell did I do?!?!" He says "Sometimes you can just pull muscles in the night." Cripes, maybe if I was having vivid dreams about being a contortionist. I thanked him for his input and just kept on whining. We did go about our day albeit very gingerly.
We went to Wilmot Park in the afternoon where my exponentially gifted daughter absolutely delighted the pool goers with a rousing rendition of Hey Paula at the top of her lungs. All the while shaking her tailfeathers for futher entertainment value. What did I do? Well, like any good parent I clapped loudly and smiled while looking around at everyone so they would know that lovely specimen is from my gene pool. I sense she will be a wonderful addition to the Bonnie Kilburn dancers come this September.
Oh yeah, back to my injury. So went left the stage...I mean pool and went to the playground. Eric let JJ go on the monkey bars and me, being oh so smart, said I would keep an eye on her. A lady had to help me get her down because reaching up to help her caused ridiculous pain. Home we go.
I decided to lay low and do some stamping. It seemed like a fairly mundane and safe activity for me. I keep my scraps in an accordion file with a section for each color. I happen to store it on the floor under my table. I've been rather pleased with myself for using so many scraps lately. I should also mentioned that the chair I use at my scrap table is quite heavy and has big old arms on it. Well, I lean down to get some scraps and Holy F#@& !! I almost passed out. The pain in my ribs was so bad that I could have sworn that I was a) shot b) stabbed or c) kicked in the ribs by a very large of farm animal. Then all of a sudden Eureka!!! I know how I hurt myself. I'm too damn lazy to get out of my chair so I just reach over the side with the arm digging into my ribs. I've been doing alot fo stamping lately and I guess the repetitive pressure has taken a toll. No joke, I really think I've bruised my ribs or at least irritated something.

Do I feel like a loser? Yes. But at least I got to the bottom of the mystery. They don't call me the Princess Spy for nothing. wink.

1 comment:

Queen Mel said...

Those cards better be nice for all the pain they've caused you Princess Spy!

LOL