Friday, August 11, 2006

Honey, I'm Home

Well, the concert was great! But it was kinda surreal too. I never thought I'd be at a Dixie Chicks concert. They didn't interact with the crowd very much so I never really did get that "OMG, I'm really here feeling". Odd as it sounds, I hope the Chicks really felt that the Canadians support them in the controvery they've been embroiled in for the last few years. You should have hear the crowd ROAR and I mean roar when they sang Not Ready to Make Nice. Speaking of that song, I'm not sure Nic has any hearing left in her right ear after my screaming/singing to that song and Cowboy Take Me Away. I didn't even really choose a key in which to sing. My only real goal was to sing loud enough that all of Harbour Station could hear me.
I see that Melanie didn't really like the opening act, Bob Schneider. I'd never heard him before but thought he was alright. Definitely drinking music. He also did one number with the Chicks and I liked it. All in all the concert was great.
We did some shopping and had alot of laughs all day. We had one religion based conversation in the car on the way to SJ. I kept my mouth shut as I have some opinioins that could start fights and, frankly, my dad's car is waayyyy to small for me to piss people off while trapped inside.
The drive home left a bit to be desired. It was raining and foggy and that road from SJ to F'ton is known to be a bad one for wildlife, spefically moose. I had a headache by the time we got home but it was stressful or anything. My girls were awesome about helping me keep track of what was going on on the road. At one point, there were temporary markers on the road instead of painted lines. Due to the darkness and rain, I had a hard time telling where I was supposed to drive while going around turns. While turning the little tags on the road look to be all over the place. While driving straight they're great....just like a runway at the airport. So for awhile it was like driving an obstacle course. But there weren't any other cars around at that point so I was laughing while trying to find my way.
I got home about 12:20 am. I thought that after such a big day I'd sleep like a log. Wrong. I was awake almost all night. So, I stayed home today. I'm going scrapbook and then make a good supper for my little family. Oh and cut the dogs nails. The clicking of his nails on the floor could drive me to drink.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! I'd like to see a blog on religion sometime...hmmm...maybe that can be a topic on the way to the PEAS! How big's the car we're going in?

Robin

NickyT said...

I couldn't sleep either. Came home watched Big Brother chatted with Rob and the Torimiester and then went to bed.

I had a friggin' blast.....you don't think your Mom would come see the Peas with us huh?

Queen Mel said...

I was very disappointed it took until the 3rd song for the chicks to say "hi" to us. The opening act reminded me of Fred Penner and I wanted a big girl show. Nick got plenty of laughs from my reaction to him - LOL.

At one point Nick and I had our face cheeks together looking at the opposite sides of the road for wildlife.