Saturday, August 05, 2006

Great Day

We had a really great day today. Jillian slept in until 7:50 this morning and that was an awesome way to start the day. We watched some cartoons, drank coffee, then Jillian and Eric went to the park while I got our stuff together for the beach. Jillian had a nap around noon while Eric worked in the backyard and I rested on the couch (still suffering from insomnia).
When Jillian got up we went to Mactaquac to meet up with Robin, Shawn, Nolan and Regan. We had a great time at the beach. The kids played in thewater and sand while the adults chatted. What a well behaved bunch of kids! All three kids are easy going and the worse thing we had to deal with was Jillian and Nolan venturing too deep in the water. We packed supper in the cooler and ate at the beach. Then we all went to for ice cream and to the petting zoo at Skinny's ice cream in Keswick. I had the best ice cream there. It was called Grizzly Tracks. It was toffee ice cream with ripples of choclate and chocolate covered caramels. So good.
The best thing about the day was that the entire day was relaxed. We didn't have to rush anywhere. The other family we were with is laid back too so nobody was yelling at kids all the time. Nobody was trying to plan every second of the outing. Nobody was complaining about this and that.
Our weeknds are usually pretty fun but I think this was THE best Saturday we've had in a long time.
I'm absolutely exhausted. So, I guess I'll go lay in bed and stare at the ceiling until morning. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah! You have had trouble sleeping for a long time now. Have you been to the doctor about it. I had to take sleeping aids awhile back. They helped so much and they didnt make me feel drugged in the morning like some meds do. There is nothing worse than getting no sleep!!!
I really enjoy reading your blog.
April

Queen Mel said...

Sounds like an awesome day, ours was pretty great too!

The Original Princess said...

Thanks April!
I'm hesitant to take sleeping aids because it makes me feel gross in the morning. Gonna try some good old fashion exercise and see if that helps.