Monday, August 07, 2006

St. Andrews

We went to St. Andrews yesterday. We've been planning to go this summer and my parents were there camping so we packed up yesterday morning and went. Our first stop was the Huntsmen Aquarium. Jillian has had a love for fishies since before her first birthday. We loved the seals and the touch pool. We were there for over an hour.
In my typical fashion I managed to violate the rules. I picked up a sea cucumber to show Jillian how they squirt water. I did this will unknowingly standing in front of a sign that said Please do not pick up or squeeze the sea cucumbers. Oops.
After the aquarium we headed to my parents campsite. We had some lunch then headed down to Water St to look around. They had this great store called Kandyland that had all kinds of great candy. My mom suggested that Jillian stay the night in St. Andrews with them so we picked up a sweatshirt and some pullups for her too.
We went down to the water to walk around for awhile then Eric and I headed home around 3 pm. Jillian hardly had time to give us hugs and kisses goodbye. She was too interested in being "just like Grampy".
We used our free night to see Pirates of the Caribbean. Jack Sparrow is funny but the movie was way longer than it needed to be. There is one sword fight scene that is mind-numbingly long.
Jillian got home around 11:30 this morning. She told me "I had great fun!" I asked if she would go again and she said "Nana said so!" My parents said she went to bed after a campfire at 9:30 pm and slept until 8 am! Woo hoo! That leaves a good chance that they will ask to take her again.
We were thinking about heading downtown this afternoon to check to the NB Day festivities but the weather isn't looking promising. Not sure what we'll do.

1 comment:

The Original Princess said...

Oh, I encourage it alright! She can go whenever she wants. I love her to pieces but I will piggy back the child to their house if that's what they want. :)