Thursday, August 03, 2006

Lots of Stuff

I have a few different things to write about today. I'm a bit annoyed so it will be long.

First, my poor little pumpking girl. Tuesday night she asked for her sooky when she went to bed. I reminded her that we threw it to the fishies. Well, her little chin started to tremble and she said "But, Mommy, I will be lost without it." Then she started to cry, I mean really cry, and said "I won't be safe Mommy. I will go on the road and get hit by a car and cry Help! Help!" Oh my breaking heart. She was really upset. Clearly, parting with her sooky is taking a bit of an emotional toll on her. I reassured her that Mommy & Daddy, Nanny & Grampy, and everyone at daycare (listed them one by one) would always keep her safe. I promised I would never let anything happen to her. She finally settle down and went straight to sleep.

Tuesday was also soccer night. Our coach was away on vacation so Robin and I volunteered to coach for the night. We didn't have a great turn out which was likely due to the severe weather warnings. There were 4 kids to start with and a fifth joined us in the end. Well, Jillian (my child) and Nolan (Robin's) wouldn't play soccer at all. Nolan gave it a try but decided it wasn't his cup of tea. Jillian flat out refused to step foot on the field. She came on the field for a minute but only to wrap herself around my leg and whine. Good times. The other kids seemed to have fun. One of the dad's thanked us because that night was the first time his son took the ball all the way up the field and got a goal. He did it twice and dad was pretty impressed. It was hot and humid and by the end of the game I worked up a sweat (ewwww). Eric told me I had circles of sweat on the back of my shirt (double ewwww!). All in all it was fun but not as easy as Coach Jamie makes it look.

Well, I'm kinda over my bad mood now. So I won't bother going there.

One more thing, today is my niece Lauren's birthday. She a year old today.

1 comment:

NickyT said...

I really love how JJ thought her sookie protects her while she crosses the street. Shows how much comfort she found in it!

I think I'm in a bad mood too! TEE HEE