Saturday, June 10, 2006

Tired but Happy

After 2 days at the Puke Palace, I went out to a scrapbooking event today. I'm exhausted after getting very little sleep for the past few nights but I had a good time. I made a journal and journal jar (thanks for the idea Nic!) and got a few layouts done. Nicole's mom took care of the meals and the food was great!!! We had beef tacos and salad for lunch, and chicken fajitas, spanish rice, and brownie sundaes for supper. The hot fudge on the sundaes was like super thick hot chocolate. I'm sure the fact that I stuffed like a Christmas Turkey is part of my ridiculous tiredness.
All the regular girls were there. You can always guarantee a good time and lots of laughs with that crew. A few of the girls are close friends that I see on a regular basis. Others I've just met/started hanging out with recently but I would consider to be good friends. I'm thinking of 2 people in particular that need to start coming to crops (Hi Shelley, Hi Robin). I'm sure if they come once they'll be hooked. I think this was the last "formal" crop Nicole is having until after the summer. But surely we can organize some scrapbook nights for us hardcore scrappers.
For anyone who was at "Scrap Camp" in April, I'm afraid I have some disturbing news. It seems Melanie has fallen off the wagon again. We found not one but THREE empty scope bottles in mixed in with her scrap supplies today. And then I noticed she was doing a layout of her drinking the scope. I'm afraid she really needs help.
I just realized I made it through the day without any drama. Unless you count Kelly eating a Whoopie Pie the size of my head and me wanting to cry because I didn't have one. Sigh....

3 comments:

NickyT said...

Once Supper was over - I started feeling VERY Sleepy! The sleepy I feel after eating a big Turkey Dinner.

I really don't know what we are to do about Melanie. I wonder how much she drinks of the scope when we are not around! Since, she hides it from us maybe we will never know?!?!?!?! I used to work with a guy that brought those little mickeys I think they are called to work - he had a serious drinking problem. I'm starting to think Melanie is heading down the same path LOL.

I don't know if I have met Robin but, "Hey, Robin - get urself to a crop!!" & Shelley, I'm bound and determined we are going to drag you to one yet!!!

Queen Mel said...

My dinking poblum is nun ov anybudies cuncern. So jest kep ut ov it! Ill munuge un mi own.

Yur X-Fiend - Meland (xoxo)

Anonymous said...

Denial.....first sign...I'm truly concerned as well.

I really thought intervention was going to help.

*sigh*
S