Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Another Theory

I'm back at work but I feel like a transport truck has run over my head, then run over it again as it backed up, and then over it again going forward. To sum it up, I feel like death warmed over. But I haven't been to work since last Wednesday because Jillian was sick so I didn't feel like I could call in sick for yet another day. My plan is to sit her quietly and drink copious amounts of coffee until lunch time. Then I will go get some Advil cold and sinus and maybe a magazine. For the afternoon, I plan to do much the same as this morning.
I'm not exactly sure why I don't feel good but I have a theory. My symptoms are: my head is pounding, my sinuses are so full and sound like Fran Dresher (the tv show The Nanny) so when I talk I sound really really sexy (insert eye roll here). I also have a few zits on my face which I don't usually get. Oddly, I started to feel badly when the started to get the zits. So I think that maybe they are causing the pain. I have one large one on my forehead and one large one beside my nose. Coincidentally, those are the spots causing me pain...headache and sinuses. I think that perhaps the zits are growing roots inside my head and sinuses...burrowing into my sinuses and brain...deep into my brain. Now this could result in a few things. 1) the burrowing could continue to cause pain and eventually I will die as the zit takes over my brain function or 2) the burrowing could cause me to develop telepathic powers. Remember the John Travolta movie "Phenomenon"? Yup, I'm going with option number 2. Frankly, it sounds like more fun.

So if you need me today, I'll be sitting quietly at my desk wish and waiting for 4:30 to arrive quickly. Unless of course someone takes pity on me or Nicole posts that a big ol order came in at the store.

3 comments:

Queen Mel said...

1. She did post that the big ol' order did come in today.

2. Zits will not kill you, trust me after 20 years and I'm still here.

NickyT said...

LOL - okay - that is the most hilarous Sararish I've heard! Very funny though!

I sure hope you don't take Jillies Gastro probs!

An order did come in - wait and come up tomorrow! I'm there!

Dee said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!