Monday, June 05, 2006

Impromptu

Sometimes unplanned events are the most fun. Those opportunities seem to be far and few between since I became a mom. So when they come along you have to take them with gusto. Friday evening, Melanie and I had planned to show up at our daycare unannounced with some refreshments for the teachers since they were working late to get ready for a yard sale the next day. We filled my PINK AND WHITE beer tub with Fuzzy Duck and ice and we were on our way. (Side note - my husband thinks its a crime againt beer that I have a pink and white beer tub.) We got to the daycare but the girls and finished up early and had gone home.
We had made some impromtu plans to meet up with Nicole after we went to the daycare anyway so we went to my backyard with the drinks. We called a few people on our way home but it only ended up being Melanie, Nicole, Jeanette and I. We had a great time laughing and chatting. Between the 4 fo us I think we know just about everyone between Fredericton, Minto, Stanley, Tay Creek, North Tay, and Zealand.
We invited Eric out to join us and he did come out. But he only lasted a few minutes before and disappeared back in the house. He's a good sport. Toward the end of the evening, Melanie and Nicole started talking "computer talk" with him so he liked that. Me? Not so much...oye. It was Nicole's first time at my house so I had to fill her in on the one rule we have - If you want something, get it yourself. No need to my shy at our house...you'll starve or be thirsty otherwise.
I got some compliments on my high-faluting art over my couch. It was done by an artistic master that goes by the name "Princess". That Princess is a darn good painter if I do say so...and I do.
I rent out an apartment in my basement and I think my tenants are rather religious people. I wonder what they thought when they came home and saw the patio table littered with empty bottles. I went out to clean it up the next morning just has their parents were bringing their baby back from an overnight visit. I heard one of my tenants commenting that it looked like a big party but there were really one a few people....LOL. I cracked up over that one.
We had a good time Friday night. But from now on, we have 2 rules at our house - 1) If you want something, get it yourself 2) There is a 5 minute time limit on computer talk. Break the rules and suffer the consequences. I'm not sure what they will be yet but keep in mind that my almost 3 year old likes to poke people with sticks....and when JJ is happy, Mama is happy.

4 comments:

NickyT said...

I think you might of thought I was kidding or had to many sips of Fuuzzy duck but ummmmm I was serious when I asked if you would make me a peice of your funky art decor for my living room.

What flipped me out is that your living room and kitchen is the same color as mine! Totally, flips me out. Maybe, we are morphing into the same person LOL.

Sorry, about the crappy computer talk but being a former geek and living with 1 it just come naturally. At least it made Eric happy and not to upset that we all randomly showed up at his house while he was planning on watching a basketball game and wasn't planning on some chick he doesn't know stare at him on couch as she was walking down the stairs!

Totally, funny that your tenants thought it was a party. What is even funnier is that through out the evening you kept gathering the empties.

Oh, one more thing before I leave a chapter book on blog. My brother wanted me to call you to borrow your pink tub on Saturday to put the fuzzy duck on display at the liquore store. But I had run out of time - had to get to the wedding LOL.

Queen Mel said...

I promise I will only call Eric or pull him aside when I need to talk IT. Nobody wants to talk about and those of us who are interested get freaky looks from people like you. I realize you and Lee and in the majority and think all IT personnell are GEEKS so I'll make sure I sneak around with husband from here on out.....LOL

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm curious...what's a Fuzzy Duck?

The Original Princess said...

Fuzzy Ducks is a vodka cooler made here in F'ton. They come in 4 flavours ruby grapefruit, pina colada, blue raspberry, and cranberry. They're really good.