Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Soccer

Last night was our... I mean Jillian's first night of soccer. We registered back in May and Jillian was sooo excited to play. Our first game, last week, was rained out and I was fearful the same would happend last night but it was game on! Jillan did a great job! She was good at running and kicking the ball at the same time. I played soccer in high school so she must get her soccer prowress from me(cough, cough). She got bored eventually and ditched soccer for the playground equipment. Oh well, I think I got some great photos. I can't wait to see if the pic of she and Nolan talking face to face on the field turned out....it'll be adorable. Oh yeah, she also sat on the ball in the middle of practice and had a pee on the ball. What can you do? Clean the ball, clean the kid and send them back on the field.
Okay, so fast forward to this evening in the back yard. We were playing soccer at the Yard Ape's request and trying to teach her not to use her hands. She got bored so Eric and I decided to play our own soccer game. Now, this may come as a surprise to some of you...okay I'm done laughing now....but I'm a bit competitive...fine!...I'm alot competitive. I'm a about 5'6 tall and Eric is 6'5 tall. Ha! He doesn't intimidate me! I gave this game my full effort.....while wearing flip-flops. So we're runing around the back yard at full tilt, there is pushing going on, I got a really good kick to the shin from him, I dove for the ball, he dove, I got a goal on him, he got one on me. I must say we were both gunning for one another. I *may* have taken a shot at his head, maybe. Anyway, as I said we were really running hard. I had the ball and was making my way to his end. Can you feel the excitment?? He is behind me so I pulled my leg back to kick to get a goal and my other foot slides in dog crap!! I didn't fall in it but I slide half way across the damn backyard.
@%*&ing game over.

3 comments:

Queen Mel said...

That had to look like wild caged animals in your not so roomy backyard, how did J not get in the way and get toppled? Very interesting.

I'm sure the "people under the stairs" enjoyed that rough houseing exercise.

Kimmartha said...

Just what I needed first thing in the morning - a good belly laugh!!!

NickyT said...

LOL - that is hilarous! I visualized the whole thing knowing there was going to a climatic ending and LOL who would of thunked it Sarah!!