Saturday, June 24, 2006

There's going to be cerkamony

Yesterday was the art show and completion ceremony at daycare. It was a very cute event. The children's art work was framed and labelled all over the yard at daycare. My mom, Eric, and I got there at 3:30. Jillian was happy to see us at first but we ceased to exist once she saw that Nana was with us. She paraded my mom all over the yard, pulling her by the hand and telling all her friends "Julia, this is my Nana!" "Rowan, this is my Nana!" It was cute. Nana only stayed about 15 minutes because she has to go back to work. Hehe...Mommy is now the centre of the world again.
While we were waiting for the ceremony to begin, Jillie says she has to pee (hurray for telling Mommy!!) so I take her inside. For whatever reason, she is suddenly very excited about the ceremony. She begins telling everyone she sees "We're having a cerekamony! We're having a cerekamony!" Did I correct her?? Of course not!! For the same reason I'm never correct her when she says Pacaroni instead of Macaroni....I love it! I did take a picture of her telling someone so I can scrapbook it.
Finally, the cerekamony is set to begin. Jillian and Bailey, Melanie's daughter, are the first ones to plop themselves down on the ground to wait for it to begin. This isn't a huge surprise since both of them had been asking to go home since we arrived at the daycare. The whole time Carla is thanking the teachers and giving them flowers, Jillian is making faces like she's the devil's spawn. She wasn't making faces at Carla, she was just being 3 years old. Then I look over and she's bumming candy from one of the kids. She managed to get a small box of smarties and is happily munching away. Only my kid.
Carla starts handing out the completion certificates and Jillie's class is up first. They all walk up, get their certificate and a freezie. Jillian turns to me in front of everyone and says "I don't want a freezie, I want a sucker!" I say "Take the freezie and I'll get you a sucker on the way home." Who's the sucker now....MOMMY.
All in all it was a fun time. Oh, I gave Claudia a copy of the post I wrote about her. I explained what it was and told her it was in the card. She read it on the spot and then passed it around to the other teachers. One girl even got teary over it. I felt embarassed but I'm glad Claudia liked it.

1 comment:

Queen Mel said...

You forgot to mention that the faces she was making and what they looked like - she was sticking her tongue out over and over, Sarah leans into me and says "she gets that from her father", I turn and say "is her daddy Gene Simmons?". It was hilarious!