Thursday, June 15, 2006

Challenge

I accept Nicole's challenge to do a 100 Random Things About Me list. And I challenge everyone else reading this to do the same! I share quite a bit already so it'll be challenging to come up with new info.

1. I like my job and co-workers
2. I've had grey hairs sprouting since I was 12 years old
3. Given my family history, I'll likely be complety grey by 40 yrs old.
4. I have a phobia of snakes and can't even touch a picture of one.
5. I was accepted to pilot school in 1996
6. I had an Air Force recruitment officer follow me through high school
7. The Air Force contacted me again in university to try to recruit me
8. I hate milk and butter
9. I love all cheese accept blue cheese
10 Cooked carrots make vomit
11. I have serious learning issues involving math
12. I played the clarinet and bass clarinet in the Jr High band
13. My favourite christmas carol is O Holy Night
14. I'm very unsure of my religious beliefs but have strong opinions about 1 very mainstream popular religion
15. I wish I could go back to school to become a social worker
16. I want Jillian to be musical
17. My grade 4 teacher was my 2nd cousin
18. My aunt was my grade 8 supply french teacher
19. I was very close with my grandparents on my mom's side
20. I was extremely shy as a small child - don't choke while reading this one
21. I sometimes listen to the same song over and over if I like it
22. I don't like 80's music at all
23. My longest continuous friendship is 23 years
24. I believe in ESP and psychics
25. I stopped believing in Santa Clause at age 7
26. I have about 3 friends who I instantly "clicked with" the moment we met
27. I've never been the type to excel in anything
28. I never got a mark higher than 65 in high school
29. I graduated university with a 4.0 GPA
30. I have poor eye hand coordination
31. I hate confrontation
32. My favourite colour is red
33. I prefer to clean the house on Sunday
34. I collect bathing suits
35. I don't tan...I turn red and then white again
36. I'm a thrill seeker
37. I've been para-sailing, jump off a 60 ft cliff into the ocean, climbed waterfalls, jumped off waterfalls all while travelling
38. I'm a closet eater
39. I'm afraid of open/glassed in heights (ie. ferris wheel, glass elevators)
40. Eric and I dated for 6 years before getting married
41. I have an unnatural pull to help people
42. I'd have my tattoos removed if I could
43. I like to watch cooking shows
44. I'm happiest at the beach in Shediac
45. I'd love to visit Newfoundland some day
46. I love to discuss human rights and charter of rights issues
47. I majored in Criminology in university
48. I'd like to do a masters degree some day
49. The 3rd toe on my right foot sits under the 2nd toe. My grandfather and cousin have it too and we call it our "funny toe".
50. I have a line across my nose that everyone thinks is from me wiping my nose. It was there when I was born.
51. I have a very specific personal space bubble
52. I pick up on other people's grammar and speech errors very quickly. But I keep it to myself.
53. I was so bad in math, the school/teacher "allow" me to give up on advanced math (why did I enroll it that???) I just showed up to class and worked other things.
54. My parents weren't strict about marks
55. I sang in a girl's choir from grade 6 to grade 12
56. I only take showers. Baths leave me feeling dirty when I'm done
57. I've always wished I had a southern drawl (accent)
58. I cry every time I go to Stanley because my grandparents are no longer living. This particularly sucks since I only go there for work now
59. I'm very proud to be Canadian
60. I've been to the Canadian War cemetary in Holland and it had a profound effect on me
61. I have conversations with myself out loud when nobody is around
62. I'm fiercly protective of certain people
63. I'm probably never have another dog when Oliver is gone because I can't imagine being lucky enough to have another dog like him
64. We used to have Oliver's sister too, Abbey, but had to put her down because she had a brain tumour
65. Sometimes when working I'm too stupid to be afraid for my safety.
66. I'm good at talking my way out of sticky situations and gaining people's trust quickly. Lucky for me given #65
67. I won't wear white shoes
68. I can't see myself ever living outside of city limits
69. I'm a car snob (hanging my head in shame)
70. I love BBQ'd roast beef but don't like it cooked in the oven
71. I love ethnic food...particularly lebanese, greek and italian
72. When I was pregnant, I hoped Jillian would be a girl
73. I have ALOT of little cousins under the age of 10 and I have 2 particular favourites...but won't way who
74. I have one sister
75. My parents have always supported my sister and I unconditionally. I got into alot of trouble in jr high school but was always honest about it with my parents. So if I said I didn't do something they always backed me up
76. I could never be a vegetarian
77. I like my name
78. I probably won't have any more children
79. I really really want to take my daughter and husband to the Sesame Street Carribean adventure at the Beaches Resort in Jamaica
80. I think I need to listen more and talk less
81. My favourite sandwich is mayo, mustard, cheddar cheese, dill pickles, and plain chips
82. I love A&W rootbeer
83. I'm very time oriented and freak out about being late for any thing
84. I wish the media would stop giving attention to Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan
85. I like to play Jeopardy
86. I can't just watch TV. Most of the time I have to be doing something else at the same time
87. I'm a very fast reader
88. I've read Cane River by Lalita Tademy at least 15 times in the past 4 years. It's my all time favourite book
89. My husband is 8 1/2 years older than me
90. I'm a germaphobe when it comes to public places. I won't use a payphone unless I absolutely have to
91. I never stay up past 11 o'clock on a work night
92. I can't *not* read an email if I know it's there
93. I'm so much like my aunt Lisa that my mother and grandmother use to say I should have been Lisa's child
94. I'm not much of a movie watcher
95. My co-workers are the ones who nicknamed me the Princess Spy
96. I have a theory about whether names are "hooker" or "lawyer" names. I'll blog about it someday. Someone remind me. I think you'll nod your head in agreement when you read it
97. When I can't sleep I try to remember a book from begining to end to try and get to sleep
98. I dream ALOT every night
99. I love the smell of my dog
100. I don't like that my smile is so gummy

5 comments:

Kimmartha said...

Gadzooks! Go for 200 girl!!!

K

Anonymous said...

I have something to confess...I'm addicted to your blog! It entertains me and makes me feel "normal"! And by the way, you've got a great smile :)

Robin

Queen Mel said...

Great list Princess. Most of it I already knew but somethings I did not, very, very good.

Thank you Nicole for challenging us, its been therapeutic.

The Original Princess said...

Hey thanks Robin!

Okay folks, I'm a compulsive *over-sharer*! I read comments on other blogs with lists and people were saying "I'm working on my list" etc. Clearly I have no trouble sharing things about myself because I did mine at lunch hour today!! And I still had time to read all your blogs afterwards.

NickyT said...

I agree go for 200! You just totally rocked 100!

It has took me a freakin' week to get to 92!!!!! I really must NOT be as interesting as you bwawahahaha!