Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Humility

Humility....I have none left. I got over that tiny details years ago! When you do stupid things as often as I do, you learn to get over yourself fast. If I couldn't laugh at myself I'd be up the proverbial creek without a paddle. Here are today's events.
I wore a pretty new white skirt today for the first time. It's a bit more girly and frou-frou than my usual style but I put it on and off I went to work. I got a few compliments when we dropped Jillian off at daycare and then a few more when I got to work. My skirt had pleats all around the whole thing. I noticed that it had stitches in the bottom hem holding all the pleats in place and that made it kinda wrinkle funny when I got up from my chair. Anyway, I went for lunch with my mom and as we were paying for bills she says "Sweetie, your skirt is very pretty but you need take out the tacking at the bottom." I said "Oh, I thought those held the pleats in." She took them out for me and lo and behold the pleats didn't fall out!! So I headed back to work.
I now work for the regional office for my department but I used to work for central office. I know lots of people at central and, in fact, hubby started working there in April of this year. So I'm walking past central office saying hi to people outside. Next I see the deputy minister (who I've met once or twice) and one of the directors, Bill (who I know quite well) walking towards me. As they get close to me I get ready to smile and say hello. Just as they are in front of me....MY SKIRT FLIES UP AROUND MY WAIST!! Effing lovely! I calmy push the skirt down and turn my head in the other direction. I'm a fun girl but that wasn't exactly the "howdy-do" I wanted to give senior management. I mean, yeah, I want them to know who I am but not exactly that way.
When I got back to work I was laughing my ass off. What else could I do? I told my supervisor and 2 co-workers what happened and they laughed but weren't exactly surprised. My hubby probably heard the rumours around work this afternoon about the girl in the white skirt who flashed the deputy minister at lunch hour. Then he probably had his head in his hands saying "Oh god, please don't let it me my wife this time." Surprise Honey....it was me!

3 comments:

Queen Mel said...

So let me get this straight? Butt cheeks et all were left hanging out (remember ladies, what type of undies does Sarah wear?)of that pretty white skirt? My question is: did they smile and nod politely or did their eyes bug out of their head while grinning? Sounds to me either way - your gonna go far baby......or Eric will be an ADM by Friday.

NickyT said...

LOL - Sarah - that was a good funny! I bet the DM will always remeber you know even if it was only your 3rd meeting.

Not to hijack your story but this Saturday right before heading to the wedding - stopped in the store Kim was ringing Lori out at the cash I breeze by they call me back because god darn it my skirt was stuck in my panties! Imagine, if I wouldn't of stopped at work and went to the church like that. YIkes!!

NickyT said...

UMMMM - Sarah - Hello? You going on Blog Hiatus or what?